Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i lower it? the kawasaki mention something about using a 1mm shim between the rear suspension and frame. has anyone ever done this? lowering will effect the compression and rebound, correct? and needs to be readjust?

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey little squid have you tried lowering bones go to the muzzy website i just order two from mi local dealer you can lower your bike 1 to 2 inches

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
you can get lowering links to lower it down. I thought about it, but I heard it causes handling problems. I also didn't want to loose the ground clearance I have either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by JUAN72616

hey little squid have you tried lowering bones go to the muzzy website i just order two from mi local dealer you can lower your bike 1 to 2 inches
that's what i thought and you might be right, i dunno. this is what kawi says

"Ride height is adjustable via optional 1mm-thick shims that can be inserted between the shock and its frame mount."

Juan, thanks ill check it out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a spacer in the rear suspension you can take out to lower the bike a bit (1/4"). If you look under there you can see it, right above the shock mount.

As far as the handling goes, when you lower the rear you just need to lower the front as well to keep the handling characteristics. I actually made a spacer that I can slip in and out after just loosening one bolt.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I've got the lowering links on mine. IMO, I don't see any compromise in handling. Yes you are a little closer to the ground, but they have settings and you can raise it back to stock height in 15 minutes!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've always thought that our bikes had ajustable suspension just like on a car with coil overs. From the looks of it, cant you just lower it without any links or shims. Just with a screw driver like on a car. I had a buddy of mine did that on his r6.

maybe just a car thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.