Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just bought a pair of muzzy lowering links and i was gonna lower the back end but i need to lower the front forks as well any body have any suggestions on how to do that, and to i have to get anything calibrated............or should i just pay the 150$ to go get it lowered at the kawi dealer, im a short guy about 5'5 so i def have to get this done, thanks![:p]

·
Registered
298 Posts
i lowered mine with just the links in the rear havent touched the front yet. seems fine i do plan to go back up alittle pushing the forks up thru the triple clamps seem like it would hit the brake res. i have diamond powersports links on mine. in the middle hole. i figuared it out to be about 3" drop
depends on how much you need. i would say lower it the least you can and take some out of the seat or get a corbin seat. just my .02......

·
Registered
22 Posts
I lowerd mine with the muzzy links last weekend, I am using the lowest hole in the link. I like the slammed look. If you use the middle hole, and dont lower the front, the kickstand works O.K. If you lower the front you may want to shorten or bend the kickstand. It makes it a bit tippy If you dont. To lower the front I used a lockhart frontstand that pins into the lower tripple tree. I loosened the allens for the left leg and mooved it up, then did the right leg the same amount.I went about 3/4". dont forget to loosen the allen in the clip-ons also. I also recomend doing this with the bodywork off. I had to shorten my stand 2" to make the bike lean right. It handles the same as befor I lowered it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
hmmmmn i too enjoyed the looks of my bike lowered as far as the muzzy kit went as well as with the forks lowered. but i was having problems with my feet hitting the ground here and there so i put the bike back up...i do have the kickstand still for when it was lowered. lemme know if u want it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
2.25" shorter than stock...hell u can take it $20 shipped i dont ever intend on lowering my bike again....just need to make sure the the 03 and 98 stand is the same first, that i have no idea on

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmmmmmmm idk if it would work or not honestly.......but how did you lower the front by using spring compressors and simply taking out the bolts?

·
Registered
605 Posts
The best way is to put the bike on a rear stand. Then use a jack under the rear shock mount to relieve the load on the shock. You should then be able to remove the stock links and replace them with the new ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.