Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone can tell me if . loweing my bike will mess with my suspension . i only need to go down about an inch or so . ...please reply[8)]

·
Registered
239 Posts
as long as you lower both the front and the back it should be fine.

many people get the lower links, but forget to adjust the front forks. i lowered my back about 2" with the links and then lowered the front about an 1". i also adjusted the rear suspension to its lowest setting and pulled out the little washer.

my bike still rides great, other people who have rode it prefer the feel to their stock height.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
do you have any ground clearence issues? just curious just I would think you would touch pegs much quicker....and what about speed bumps? I almost touched my fairing a few times going over speeds bumps....

·
Registered
239 Posts
well, another thing to take into consideration is weight. i haven't had any problems with speed bumps, but when i let my boyfriend (approx 235 lb) ride it, the bike seems to squat a little more. fast636, if it helps you, i can take measurements of the lower fairing clearance from both riders.

as far as the foot pegs go, i haven't had a problem yet. but, i also haven't rode that aggressively yet. i just started putting some half-decent wear on the outsides of my tires within the past month...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
right about weight, I'm 210lbs, guess you could pump up preload in combination to lowering the bike to help with that if you a short fat dude ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should i take it in to a shop to have them do it i dont want to screw anything up .im good with tools but in not to sure how to do it .what would u recomend

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
lowering links are easy, unbolt and re-bolt the new ones. the middle setting should drop you around a inch. you will need a jack though. stands are helpful but you need it to depress your spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can someone give me more specific instructionson how to perform this task .I really want to do this asap.

·
Registered
232 Posts
they come with instructions get them at muzzy web site just remember when you call ,,,they immediately tell you that they are for off road only

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.