Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Wondered if someone could help me out. My wife is inheriting my '02 zx6r as I bought a new bike. She is 5'3 so needs the bike lowered somewhat. I see lowering links list for $35 on ebay. Need any and all info that anyone has on the lowering/link system. Local suzuki shop says there is nothing to it. Lower the rear a couple inches and follow that with the front forks. Ride will stiffen and ground clearance will diminish but for the kind of riding we do that should not matter. Anyway, anyone have any experience with this. I believe Batgirl had a pair of links up for sale a while ago.
thanks for any help.
Jeff

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi jefzx6r,

There have been a few threads on the topic of bike lowering here.

Something to be aware of is your sidestand will still be long and it may sit too upright on the stand - which could be unstable - so you may need to shorten it.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jef,i have a NEW set of muzzy lowering links.the work like this,theres 3 sets of holes,first is stock hight,second is an 1.5in lower and the third hole is 2.5in.I got them for my 98 ,i was trying to do some thing with a shock that was 2in to long for my bike. i'll take 50 bucks shipped to your door if you live in the USA. thanks B. reply to [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.