Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to lower my 05 zx6r .5 inches, but can't seem to find a lowering link that lowers half an inch for 05 636. It's all above 1 inch. Would a 07-08 zx6r lowering link work on a 636?

-Already shaved the seat, but would like a tad bit lower.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
lol hulk would need raising links to ride a bike...not lowering links

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get an adjustable link. Soupys makes them, along with other companies. Lets you fine tune the height. Are You going to lower the front to match the rear? That helps to minimize the ill effects of changing the ride height.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yea i wish to lower the front and rear .5 inch.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get an adjustable link. Soupys makes them, along with other companies. Lets you fine tune the height. Are You going to lower the front to match the rear? That helps to minimize the ill effects of changing the ride height.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks for the info. I checked soupys out but they pretty expensive. About $90 dollars just for the lowering link. I'm prob looking to spend $50 or less.

·
Powerhungry
37,708 Posts
raise the forks 1/4" and see how you like it.

btw, because the forks are angled, and not vertical, raising them 1/4" will drop the bike more than that.
im not sure what the ratio is tho. on my dirt bike its like 3:1.

you should probably mark where its at before you make any adjustments also.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
raise the forks 1/4" and see how you like it.

btw, because the forks are angled, and not vertical, raising them 1/4" will drop the bike more than that.
im not sure what the ratio is tho. on my dirt bike its like 3:1.

you should probably mark where its at before you make any adjustments also.
Well I don't want to mess with how the bike feels too much, so I want to lower the rear as well. So if I lower the rear .5 I would have to raise the forks less than 1/4"?

·
Powerhungry
37,708 Posts
for what it will take to lower the rear 1/2" I wouldn't even touch it.
for ME, its not worth the effort.

also, I believe the rear works the same, to get the bike 1/2" lower, the adjustment ends up being less than that. but...someone else needs to chime in to verify that.

and, as I said above, Im not sure what the ratio is.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for what it will take to lower the rear 1/2" I wouldn't even touch it.
for ME, its not worth the effort.

also, I believe the rear works the same, to get the bike 1/2" lower, the adjustment ends up being less than that. but...someone else needs to chime in to verify that.

and, as I said above, Im not sure what the ratio is.
Hmm, how much of lowering the bike would cause one to cut the kick stand. Is it at 1" ? Maybe I'll just shave the seat a little more.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will lowering the bike 1/2" make enough difference to risk screwing up the handling?
I honestly don't think so. I been researching and 1" seems like the preferred drop by people but .5," seems even less likely. I can have both my feet touch the ground but I would like to make the bike moving back easier if my feet were more firm to the ground.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I honestly don't think so. I been researching and 1" seems like the preferred drop by people but .5," seems even less likely. I can have both my feet touch the ground but I would like to make the bike moving back easier if my feet were more firm to the ground.
Just dismount for backing up. I've been doing this since I took my lowering link out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts