Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 zx6r, and as I am 5'5", its a bit tall. I was thinking about dropping it with 2" lowering links, should put the seat right where I need it, but I've heard it really messes with the handling. Any advice or alternatives? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
lowering a bike doesnt affect the handleing as bad as people think it does, im 6'3ft tall and mine is lowered 2 inches in the rear and i have no complaints with rideing thru the curves

·
Registered
340 Posts
i lowered mine 2 inches in the back, and probally 1 1/2 inches in the front. what i noticed was a later turn in. but its like anything else you will adapt to the diffrent feel. honestly alot of people are going to tell you it makes the handling terrible. personally i dont think you should push it that hard on public hyw. so just try it. most links have the holes for stock height also, so if you dont like it, just put it back to stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i heard you can shave your seat. i was thinking of doing that too but i guess it just take a little experience to make the bike feel better. cuz i too am 5'5 and have an 03 and am always tip toeing the bike. this bike feels way better than the older zx6r cuz i can barely move the bike backwards on those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.