Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the deal.I just bought 2 lowering links for my 05 636.Dont wanna stretch it ,just trying to reach better on the ground.I just wanna do 2 inch.Just for.. lets say safety purposes.The thing is my frined just said to me that I will destroy the pleasure of corners.He said once I lower it i can take easily 10 -20 miles off when I take corners.Is that really bad ?does it affect so much?Now here I am with the lowering links and dont know what to do.Shoud I do it or not.Please, you guys that lowered it only 2 inch post up some impresions and conlcusions,if any.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by xtremewlr
Have you shaved the seat foam yet? If not, I would start there before you mess with lowering the suspension.

Here is a great thread on shaving the seat of an 05/06 zx6r --> http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65597
Thanx for the idea man.But now I am wondering.If I shave the seat?How comfortable will it be after ,since there is no cushion anymore.Besides hoe do I place the staples back ?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
You aren't shaving all of the seat foam out, just an inch or so from the underside of the seat. Not sure on the staples but I bet it wouldn't be too difficult. You coupld place them all back in thier original spots and myabe use pliers or something to get them back in. Just place something over the seat cover on the other side so as not to tear it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Just take it slow and dont try to take off too much at one time. Do a little bit and then see how it feels before you put the staples back in. How tall are you that you feel the need to lower the bike? When I sit on mine, I am on the balls of my feet with both feet down. One leg up and the other down with the bike ever so slightly leaned over and I can flat foot that one side. I am about 5' 9". Haven't changed anything on the bike since I feel pretty comfortable this way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am 5'6. Well if I stand with both feet on the ground (which I usualy dont) I will have just my toes on the ground.If I use one foot(which I always do )I will be able to have flat foot on the ground and bike slightly leen on side.Just very little.The only problem I have,s is when I have to move backard.It is just a bit difficult.Many times I just push it back and then hop on it.The funny part is that my friend is as tall as I am, maybe a bit taller and on his bike, I do flat feet on the ground.He wont be able to do that.Guess he has shorter legs.:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm buying a bike that has been lowered. (I'm requesting that he raise the bike back up before I take delivery.) I have ridden many bikes in my life, and to put it in comparison, my old crappy 1992 Suzuki Katana 600 could outhandle a 2003 636 that was lowered 1.5 inches. Also, the front tire was worn very badly, so that is being replaced too, but the bike as I test rode it sucked for anything other than a straight line.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh man that sucks,probably I will end up selling the links or maybe just add themon my bike without changing anything.I like them,they are so light.they are made of aircraft aluminum.Well then I dont understand why people like lowered bikes.Twisties and corners are all the fun on a sport bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.