Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 zx-6r i want to lower it 2 inch's is this going to effect the way it drives drematicly? what parts should i use to lower front and back?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I highsided my 98 ZX9R because I lowered it. If you lower the front and rear equally it won't affect the handling drastically. Use lowering links for the rear. Be sure to specify you want ONLY two inches. The front is free. Lower the triple clamps down the fork tubes (aka raising the fork tubes).

Your bike will resist wheelies because of the change in swing arm angle. It will squat more when you launch. You may also need to chop your kick stand.

What ever you do, do not run your preload near max just to keep the tire off of the subframe (from lowering it TOO much). It will cause the susp. to ride fully extended all the time. This leads to the rear tire skipping OVER bumps in turns, causing a huge rear end slide, which if your not expecting it and giving a big dose of throttle can lead to a vicious high side and a broken foot.

But anyway, check in the classifieds here on this board for lowering links (hint: Schnitzracing)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does any one know where i can get a custom seat in canada, (lower by an inch+ ) also I was thinking of useing the muzzy lowering links to gain 2 inches but i was told the lower fairing would drag, can any one give me their view on this

·
Registered
207 Posts
The seat you can modify yourself. Take off cover, draw cut lines, hack saw blade, carve it like you want it, Recover, ride.

If you don't want to hack up your only seat, there's one on ebay (03) right now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I lowered my bike 1 inch with the muzzy lowering links.I would not recommend lowering it to 2 inches...i think it was unsafe when i had it set to that the first time i lowered it. Now its fine with just 1 inch drop and i can still bust wheelies all day with it lowered..I'll raise it back up and get a customed shaved seat sooner or later

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i lower the front of a 636 2 inch's i lowered the triple tree 3/4 but i lowered the back 2" so i need 1 1/4' more on the front ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.