Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on everyone. so i am doing a few things to my bike this winter. one was lowering it. i got new bones and a shorter kickstand. now i have a 1.2 inches or 2 inches. which one is best? btw iam going to have people in the bike riding with me every now and then so i dont want to feel like the bike is up in the front and low in the back. second should i lower the front? and how much. and whats the best way to lower the front ? thanks

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
u can lower the front through the fork tubes and lower the rear with lowering links, i have mine lowered a inch up front and 2 inches in the rear and its sits perfect for me

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
btw iam going to have people in the bike riding with me every now and then
i'd like to see that lol

u can lower the front through the fork tubes and lower the rear with lowering links, i have mine lowered a inch up front and 2 inches in the rear and its sits perfect for me
thats about where i have mine.

get someone to help hold the bike when you loosen the clamp bolts on the forks (1 upper, 1 lower on each side). they may fall thru easily, or you may have to force it

·
Registered
494 Posts
for sure be careful with front forks.

I used a spreader clamp, and put it under frame to carry some of the weight.

If you have some tie down straps hook them to front of frame and over a rafter or whatever you have, leave front axle and wheel on so they both slide up to where you want them and it can be done by yourself.

Same with the rear end a tie down strap can take off some weight of the bike (take seat off and hook them to frame) and let you loosen off bolts by suspension knuckle, then put in the new links. Or axle stands will also work.

Make sure you torque the bolts back down to factory and not too tight or it will pinch too much on rear suspension linkage and won't be smooth. I believe the torque is aprox 28kg but you'll have to check that out, sorry i don't have my dvd of torque settings with me.

Good luck hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot guys you answared alot of questions btw 768-ryda how tall are you . i am about 5"8 just trying to see if i need a whole 2 inches or less thanks

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
thanks alot guys you answared alot of questions btw 768-ryda how tall are you . i am about 5"8 just trying to see if i need a whole 2 inches or less thanks
im 6ft 3inches tall and can ride the gf and doesnt scrub at all you might be able to lower it more since your alittle shorter just make sure you have some ground clearance

·
Registered
114 Posts
im 6' and i lowered mine 3 in the rear and 1.5 in the front and on the street it is super low. when im not going to the track i pull the forks back down some, so the front is about an inch lower. with someone on the back it scrubs quite a bit and have to watch out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i tipy toe i just want to be able to have a better balance when i stop. i think i am going to try 1 inch in the back and see what happens. i dont want to be dragging my farings when i am making a turn

·
Registered
114 Posts
i found lowering links on ebay that was 1.5"s and 3"s and the 1.5 was a really good position but i wound up going three all the time so i wouldnt have to change it all the time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am going to try it this week. we got snow coming in tommorw dont have time lol. got to love ny. thanks . ill post pics soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts