Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

so a combination of loose gravel and my new rider skills caused me to lowside my bike a couple weeks ago but i was lucky and got away with just road rash and bruises... but now im almost completely healed and need to fix my bike soooo i was wondering if anyone had experience fixing similar issues.

i dropped it on the left and so far see 3 things i need to fix. gear shifter bent, front turn signal broken off, and of course fairings are scratched up pretty good. (forks could be bent but ill leave that up to the dealership to fix)

so i'm mainly wondering about the turn signal. i noticed the back turn signal on the same side doesnt blink anymore and just stays on when i turn it on. is this because the circuit is broken since the front one got ripped off? if so can parts be found to fix this? (and is it easy enough to do?) then i got the problem where there is now a huge hole where the turn signal should be and there is nothing supporting it up, so does that mean i have to get new fairings?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm pretty sure your blinker's staying on because your missing a light. Replace the blinker and everything should be fine. The circuit is the same for both sides so if the other side still flashes your flasher's OK.

You could do some body work if your handy with bondo, a sander, and paint but I'd just get a new fender.

I lowesided my bike and it cost me less then $400 to fix everything. I did it myself and bought parts from Kawasaki parts house If you get a new fender don't forget the decal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure your blinker's staying on because your missing a light. Replace the blinker and everything should be fine. The circuit is the same for both sides so if the other side still flashes your flasher's OK.

You could do some body work if your handy with bondo, a sander, and paint but I'd just get a new fender.

I lowesided my bike and it cost me less then $400 to fix everything. I did it myself and bought parts from Kawasaki parts house If you get a new fender don't forget the decal.
dam that was clutch! thanks man. you were 100% right with the light thing. now i just need to find a way to put it in its spot... thinking duck tape for the meanwhile lol.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the link by the way. i was checking out bikebandit.com before.. that one has some good stuff too. $400 to fix aint too bad. i need to spend probably $60 on my shifter and a few hundred on the fairings im guessing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts