Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowsided my bike *pics*

3K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  tomsf 
#1 ·
was coming around a very small curve and hit a bunch of dirt in the road where they were doing contruction by and the bike slide out from under me. Was going maybe 40, but hit the grass in the median so i think that helped ME out, didnt help the bike at all still.

its all cosmetic, but about $960 worth of fixing :( (thru ronayers.com), plus a new frame slider which is about $40.

call me what you want, but i wasnt wearing my gear cept my helmet. Im really not that bad off but im pissed about the bike.

I will NEVER ride without a helmet and tonight proved it. When i went down i remember distinctly hearing my helmet draggin on the ground when i was sliding and thinking THANK GOD im wearing it.

thats a vortex frame slider, i duno WTF happened or why the bolt bent like that but thats weird. I THINK what it might be, is on that side for some reason the bolt they included wasnt the right length, so i used the STOCK bolt from the other side, on that side.... it was strong enough that it didnt break, but still... what do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Ouch sorry about the bike bro trust me I know the feeling...well minus the dumping part. Someone tipped my bike over in the parking lot where I work and broke my shift lever and my left mirror. I was so pissed that I couldn't go back into work or else I would have hurt somebody very badly. Well best of luck on the bike and even better luck with the battle scars.

#3 ·
man, sorry to hear (and even more sorry i had to see your crack). man, i am always on the watch for dirt. I might even bolt a blower on the front fender lol. i can't imagine how pissed i would be if i even got a teeny scratch on it.

#5 ·
Man i feel your pain. i low sided at 15 mph before and did the same amount of damage. I always wore my gear before that and that just cemented it in mt brain. Its sucks it takes something like that to pound it into you but you can never go wrong if you have all your gear especially the helmet. 960 dollars seems a lot to pay but you cant put a price on your life!

#7 ·
Sorry to hear about that. I also lowsided several weeks back in a turn because of gravel, and because I think I might have had a tad bit too much air in my tires. Don't know, but I'm glad that you're in one piece though. Glad you were wearing a helmet too. Could have been much much worse.

I wondering how much less damage your fairing would have sustained if your slider/bolt would have held up? Mine's stayed pretty much staight but grinded like one-quarter of the way down on the same side as you. I used Shogun though. No scratch on the rear and upper fairing, but my lower was totaled because the right foot peg bracket broke, and my mid sustained some scratches. Question? Was that bolt on your slider torque on correctly? Did the bike hit a curb as it slid? That's one heck of a bend with a lot of bolt showing. Maybe it was due to the stock bolt you mention? Otherwise, send it back to Vortex, and see if they can explain or get a refund or something.

Again, sorry about your accident.

[V]

#11 ·
Originally posted by tdahle

Originally posted by GingerNinja
So much for those frame sliders!
I'm pretty sure the sliders did a great job... they saved the FRAME, hence the name.
[:+1]The sliders did what they were supposed to do. Cheap, replaceable insurance against much worse damage.

stylin97, be happy that the bolt only bent. If it would have broken, the damage would have been much worse. Hope your repairs include buying a new helmet. Your old one did its job and saved your noggin but is trash now. That should be the FIRST thing you do before buying any replacement parts for the bike.

#13 ·
Bro, thankfully your road rash is minimal. Thankfully your still alive. Bike parts can be replaced, you can't. Definately get a new helmet and you can keep the old one as a decoration. You will be able to fix those cosmetic damages very easily. Good luck!

#20 ·
Can we censor that crack?

97,im the one from Tampa whos contacted you about installing my sliders,I got them on.I hope that I wont have to use them.Its hot as shit in FL to be geared up,but you have too.So wear it next time.
Theres a guy on here,(but I dont know his name) that has plastics from an 05 hes tring to sell.Only way I know to contact him is to wait till Sundays when we meet to ride.

Do you want me to see if he has what you need?

#22 ·
Originally posted by AznBossPlayer
Can we censor that crack?

97,im the one from Tampa whos contacted you about installing my sliders,I got them on.I hope that I wont have to use them.Its hot as shit in FL to be geared up,but you have too.So wear it next time.
Theres a guy on here,(but I dont know his name) that has plastics from an 05 hes tring to sell.Only way I know to contact him is to wait till Sundays when we meet to ride.

Do you want me to see if he has what you need?
thanks but im gonna be getting 06 black replacements, dont want anything ill have to paint. :)

found a decent deal on ebay

#23 ·
i think the frame sliders are definatly supossed to bend like that. If they didnt bent at the pressure it took to bend it, it would have bent the frame were it bolts up. they have to give a little...or a lot, dipending how hard the impact and force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.