Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my LP V flushmounts were working this morning. i check the connections, fuses, wiring, and i did a search to help answer my question. the damn bulbs came loose inside the turn signal. i was like WTF!

i never expected anything like that to ever happen, i was close to gutting my whole rear to trace any grounded wires. oh well, its fixed now, but i wonder how long they will last in place.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just came back from a short ride. one of them came loose again. i crimped them both the first time but one came loose again. i guess im going to need some new one then.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Glad you figured it out! When I got mine one of the bulbs was already loose in the housing, so I unscrewed them both and made sure the bulbs were secure before I put them in.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i disassembled the flushmount, squeezed the terminal to make it tighter, and slid the bulb back in. i have a 01 not a 03, so its diffrent from yours.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Damn that sux. Yesterday I was riding with a few buddies, and we stopped for gas and one of them was like, "Dude, one of your brake lights is out". Well, I pulled the bulb out to check it, and the filament wasn't broken, the damned glass part came apart from the copper and the wires inside pulled away! Luckily I was able to unscrew the copper part with a pair of pliers without breaking it. Must be all those wheelies shakin' things up;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by arturo3rd

i disassembled the flushmount, squeezed the terminal to make it tighter, and slid the bulb back in. i have a 01 not a 03, so its diffrent from yours.
sorry, i should of clarified that question. How did you install the signals themselves to your bike?? I'm having trouble with mine. The hole should be the same....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
take off the upper fairing. there's probaly a bracket holding on to the light on the inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.