Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you have your Ninja 650R.
You love and cherish her.
You buy her things, and keep her maintained.
But does do your eyes wander?
Do you catch yourself wanting ...another
~if only for a moment?
I love my 650,
but I'm having thoughts about the Triumph Daytona 675
As Carter once said, "I have never cheated, but I have had lust in my heart."

·
Registered
122 Posts
well to be honest, i never really wanted the 650r. i wanted a cbr600rr or a zzr600, buuttt they wanted too much for the others and the 650 was in my price range and i wanted a bike asap. so i took it home. however the more and more i ride it the more i fall in love with it. i can ride that bike (and have) for 3 hours at a time, whereas friends of mine with an f4i and an 07 gsxr1000, can only ride for about a half hour before they want to rest because they are sore. soooo ya my eyes wander, but im the type of person that sees potential, and by the end of next year......this 650r will be all that i will ever need :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so even if the 650R isn't a supermodel, it's still going to create many memorable experiences :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
yessir, like tonight in orlando, running around draggin knees on offramps....then having to find a ginormus group of bikes to hide mine in for a while. all in all its a great bike, i cant wait to make more memories lol

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Lust is exactly the word to describe the Daytona.... I've heard a lot of good things about them, and they are nearly non-existent on the used market. My wife actually said I could get one if I wanted. I finally got to sit on one last week and I was completely turned off. On tip toes, I couldn't get the bike vertical. I know, lowering links. But my opinion is that if I can't at least ride the bike right out of the box, it's time to move on. If it were going to be my only bike, my attitude might be differnet, but this would only have been the latest in a pretty good group. Plus, I really don't have a lot of room left in my stable:

There is one more bike missing from this pic, and that's my new project 250 that I'm rebuilding the motor on. So that's 2 ninja 250s, 1 ninja 650, and 2 cruisers. One of the cruisers is a Yami, and the other bikes don't like it....Very sad.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are dealer pricing the Daytona high otd?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oh hell yeah my eyes wonder, but you can't beat our 650's for comfort, price, and mpg. Plus all those said we look pretty damn good as well. If I didn't think I'd kill myself in about a week of getting it I'd have a new V-Max as soon as the dealership said I could get it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vmax? Ugg! the whole Vmax-Bking-1400 thing is just so too much to me
~but enjoy yours if you get one :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
+1 for the Daytona...my MSF Rider Coach had one and it was amazing. I'm a fairly big guy so getting my feet flat wasnt a problem. I also didnt originally want a 650R but insurance for a zx6r or cbr was too much for me!

Maybe when I turn 25, a Daytona is in the picture. Is it true insurance prices go down at 25?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
M33 - I don't know about the OTD price (in CA it's a lot higher than most states since you pay all the licensing taxes etc.) but I recall the sticker price is about 1k less than a ZX6 and more than 1k less than an R6 (was looking at the new 08 edition with yellow and black flames cause she's sexy, but not a good fit for me).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JustAJ, sounds like the Daytona is a really winner :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nah I just like the looks of the V-Max. I'd never get one. TOOO pricey. Bad gas milage, compared to the 650. If I ever got into the touring thing and was able to talk the wife into riding I'd really like that Victory Vision. Very unique.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 650R is plenty of bike for me, and the great mileage is just a plus :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went with the zx6r and my buddy went with the 650r. I will tell you for a fact when we go for the longer rides, I wish I had his bike. I do love the 650 and it is a really nice bike. I may have to look at one in the future. So in my eyes on the long rides I lust for the 650 lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
in my eyes on the long rides I lust for the 650 lol
lol no matter how much we love our bike, we're always tempted by a new one

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have exactly 278 miles now!!! Very happy. Getting 52.7 MPG. I do drive really responsible though and most of my miles are cruising at 55-60.

·
Registered
294 Posts
With getting 55+ mpg on the last few tanks, the only thing that'll pull me away from mine is an amazing deal on a CBR 600.......which doesn't seem too likely.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
The 675 is a pretty sweet bike, the ergo's don't really bother me. My (not very stock) 650 isn't very comfortable anyways. It is cheap to insure and gets great gas mileage though, plus its easy on tires. I like the lugability of the 650, a lot of off idle power, and thats something you don't get with most bikes. When I get something else, in a year or so, I think I am going to go with a 4 cyl liter bike. Lots of low end power on those, really smooth, easy to ride, and some of them are fairly comfortable, IMO.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That off idle power Jason is talking about is probably my biggest reason for getting the 650. I like the fact that it doesn't take a ton of wrist to get moving from a stop. That all or none throttle stuff isn't cool.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts