Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some m1's put on today. This is my 1st non shitty tire from what i can tell (everything else were stock tires) man they are like riding on razors!!! i didnt push it to much scrubbing them in but I AM GOING TO BE A BAD MAN!!!! LOL

its like riding a different bike now very cool My dad got some put on his busa and he could not belive the differance either. Track day the 24th at the VIR looks like i am going to be faster than on those shitty battleaxes!

m1's :D

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I put one on the rear(M1) since I got a nail in my stock 207 about a month back and you can tell the diference. It feels quicker. I don't know much about tires since this is my first non-oem but it feels real good. I wish I could ride out long wheelies so I could just ride on my back tire all day:D

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
people use them for track but its mostly a street tire. i dont know much about tires though.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Yes, Michelin makes some fine rubber, too bad it's French stuff. Dammit I still use them anyway.

Which got me thinking, any Frogs on this board? Fuck it, I'll create a poll to find out where every be!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know some people that get 3+ trackdays out of M1's running "brisk" laptimes. If you don't know what type of tires you should be using then M1's are most likely good enough. I've gone through lots of 207/208 ZR's and I'm running M1's on my F2 right now. The M1's seem to be lasting a lot longer than the Dunlops. I think the M1 is marketed as a street tire that is also good for an occasional trackday.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Are you saying that the M1's are Michelins?

Originally posted by Strong Bad

Yes, Michelin makes some fine rubber, too bad it's French stuff. Dammit I still use them anyway.

Which got me thinking, any Frogs on this board? Fuck it, I'll create a poll to find out where every be!

·
Registered
39 Posts
M1s are the shit. I put a pair on my 98 just before I sold it...damn! I just forked out another $220 at the shop for a set for my 00 (including tax!)

Best tires on the market...I'll ride in any weather with complete confidence...these tires got me through a hellacious rain/wind roadtrip from A&M to UT (about 3 hours in the rain with a 1 hour stop due to 50mph winds!).

Buy them today.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Glad I stumbled acorss this thread, I just bought a set earlier today. Getting them mounted and scrubbed in on the weekend... Can't wait!

·
Registered
100 Posts
just put one on myself love the tire don't think its going to last too long though only had it 3 weeks and its starting to show signs of wear already less than 1,000 miles on it but damn that thing is sticky

·
Registered
22 Posts
M1's sound like there a good tire i was thinking about buying the D208 zr, damn im haveing a hard time trying to figure out wich i want. I hear perilli's are good tires, what about the BT's anyone have anything good to say about them? Im looking for a good tire i dont want to spend all that money on a shit pair.

I guess i have to just buy a pair and hope i like them.[:M85]

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Pirelli and Metzeler tires are manufactured at the same plant (and owned by the same company)... Although Metz make a better tire due to frendlier shapes and bette belt technology. I will guarantee you that you will not be disappointed with the Metz M-1's. I personaly didn't care much for the Dunlop 208's and the 207's were garbage in comparison!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.