Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else running an M4 slip on for the 636? I have a full race system on my R6 track bike and never had one issue with it but the one for my 636 will not stay in place. When replacing the stock exhaust can with the M4 and bolting it all up the system fit perfectly but after riding for a few days and looking at it from the side or rear I noticed that the entire can turned in towards the swingarm. I figured the clamp connecting the mid pipe was not tight enough so I took everything apart and re-torqued it all down, stayed good for about 2 rides and then starting moving again. I contacted M4 and they said they never had anyone else complain, suggested that I do a tiny spot weld on the mid pipe to hold things in place, I could do that but I find it hard to believe no one else has encountered any issues.

I also tried some high temp silicone in the connection last time to snug things up a bit, same deal.

Any suggestions? The replacement clamp uses an allen bolt, I used a T handle to tighten it down and then followed up with a socket and bit to make sure it was tight.

·
Registered
62 Posts
did you ever resolve this issue? I am considering an m4 highmount slipon for my 636, but i dont want to get one if there is going to be fitting problems.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey ange062, ...since this post is originally from late August of last year, you MIGHT want to try pm'ing MikeK. (For a faster response.)
Just my $0.02 [8D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.