Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out of these pipes which one will have low rumble, powerful sound? i like to be heard a mile away but not because it sounds like a lawnmower. also if anyone needs a tip on how to get rid of the nasty black plate holder, and slim down the rear lights on the new 636's for like 20 bucks, shoot me an email or just reply, email ill get quicker, [email protected]. i get so much junk mail so make the subject zx6r so i know not to delete that shit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
a friend of mine has a micron full system with a power commander and it's alot louder than my akrapovic. sounds really good. but go to the aftermarket parts discussion and check out /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7592 and see what the other guys have to say about d+d and hindle. or do a search on exhausts. i'm sure you'll get an idea of what your looking for.

·
Registered
179 Posts
From what I hear these are good exhausts to use on your bike, Hindle and M4 are High mounts for you bike if you like those. D&D is loud and sometimes can get annoying for some. Micron has Standard mounts and High mounts for our bikes as well. I also heard that Akrapovic sounds really good, IMO, get something that you like and you are gonna feel confortable with. Devil also offers a High mount slip on but they are kinda pricey sometimes I think you get what you pay for. I don't know, just get something that you are gonna like on your ride.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
d&d has a low rumble too it. people say its annoying, i dont get whats annoying anout it. i guess just cuz they hear people say that. ill post a link with the clip.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a wolf slip on on my 00 zx6r, and have had many people with d and d, Muzzy and yoshi's say they like the sound mine makes. its a low tone rumble, up until about 6000 rpm then its screams. But not that high pitch dirt bike sound, its still low and very throaty

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i have a micron on my 03 and i love it. i get compliment from guys with dand's and hindles. my home boy got a zx12 with a muzzy and its pretty loud, he has the full system. loader than my micron that is. i had a dand on my 01 r6 and i use to piss everyone i ride with off cause it was so damn loud!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey kelvin how much did you end up paying for your micron slip-on exhaust? I am looking into buying a High mount for my 636 but I am torn between all these, Micron, M4, Hindle and Devil. I think I am gonna go with the M4 though I can't afford more than $400.00 on a slip-on. I was looking at starcycle.com and they have what I want for $351.95, this seems like a good price for me. Anyways as soon as I acquire it, I will try to post some pics and I will also have my fender eliminator installed as well.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have the D&D full system on my 99 and the full Arata on my 636 and I have to say the D&D sounds better. A lot of people think it's too loud but like Arturo said D&D sound killer!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't looked at exhausts much because my 86 (first bike) came with dual kerker exhaust and it sounds great. my friend has an F4i and he put a TwoBrothers Racing slip-on on it and it sounds so nice, one of the nicest bikes I have heard, and it looks really nice, he paid like $450 for it but he's got the carbon fiber which is more expensive but try checking into them, I know a lot of manufacturers have sound clips on their sites so go listen to them even if it isn't your bike that its on it'll give you an idea what is sounds like.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i have an m4. titanium oval slip-on..standard mount. sounds amazing. very similar to a 2bros. low, throaty, not high-pitched like d&d. but it starts to really shine towards redline. :) go to http://m4exhaust.com/
they have a sound clip as soon as the page loads up. fit and finish are very impressive as well

·
Registered
880 Posts
That d&d exhaust is really loud. I was riding with a guy who had one on his ninja. It sound alright to me, but alot of other people were pissed off by it. To each his own, i don't mind pissin off the neighborhood at 2 in the morning when i come home!!!!![}:)]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.