Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys its almost time for the annual tear down, clean, and replace anything worn thing. Im not having any problems i just have a few questions. My 00 zx6r has 155,413 miles on it and i have always done regualr maintenance, but i have never replaced the thermostat or rad hoses. Again no leaks or overheating just wondering if i should replace these things or leave well enough alone?

·
Registered
448 Posts
155k. That's pretty impressive. Not a bad idea to change if they've never been done. You can check the hoses by squeezing them. If they feel spongy then its time to replace them.as for the thermostat, if you're changing the hoses you might as well do that too just to be safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
254 Posts
Dayum.....155k? I would be replacing almost all the important stuff hoses therm shim valves i guess im sayin id tear it down to the floor and go through it...
On another note..does it still have plenty of power ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason 6r yes it still has plenty of power. it is a little slower at the dragstrip than it used to be. I used to run 7.0 7.1 is the 1/8 now it runs 7.3 7.4, But it doesnt smke or burn any oil. And i rebuilt it at around 80k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts