Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im really impressed with my 02 zx6r and since its got 7600 miles on it i think it needs a service. Other than oil and filter and fluid check what should i ask the guys to check or do to the bike. The manual says at 7k nearly everything should be checked. How do i avoid getting robbed at the dealership? Also my bike was idling at 800rpms and stalled sometimes so i adjusted to about 1200. does that sound right?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i do all my maint. then again i used to be a shade tree machanic. to owners manual tells you to do every thing just a little to often except change the oil. i do an oil change about every 2500 miles, but i also live in texas and it been getting up to 105-107 on a regular basis, so.....

think about

a throttle body sync
Oil
Oil FIlter
lube your chain at least every 1000 miles. 500-600 is good but we all get lazy

check your chain & Sprocket
Check your tires.
Check your fork seals
Check your throttle play and clutch lever play
Check your break pads and break fluid.

just general things.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
A valve job at 7k miles??

--David

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
At first service, everything should be checked for tightness, clearance, function. It's the best way to catch something before it becomes a disaster-waiting-to-happen further down the road. Kawi engines have reputation for two things - 1: Impressive power for their size, and 2: bulletproof reliability - but ONLY if you maintain them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.