Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great freaking summer it has been. Bought a house, been to the gap twice, turned 30 and Now we are headed back to the dragon next week... 3 times in about 7weeks I might ought to just move there:D. My wife and I and 2 other couples Anyway we are leaving sunday after church is the morning and should arrive early evening.

We will probably take the wives to dinner then Monday we send the ladies to gatlinburg and we hit the dragon for the day. Then come back home sometime tuesday..

If I can pick up a helmet cam I will post videos,, the last videos weren't so good.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Helmet cams are great, I'd love to see some videos.

Your lucky to live much closer than I. I have thought about moving down there, the scenery and roads are amazing, and the cost of living would be a hell of a lot cheaper than where I currently am. I was at the gap for the first time in June, and I have been having reoccuring dreams about going back ASAP. Unfortunately, my first day there was the same day that the gap saw its first fatality of 06' with the R1 guy who went off the road on June 15. I would have spent more time riding the dragon but I think this scared my dad a bit. I still had a blast flying down the cherohala for the rest of the afternoon. Great time. Take pics and keep the shiny side up!

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by rockstar84
and the cost of living would be a hell of a lot cheaper than where I currently am.
But unfortunately jobs pay a lot less, too. A buddy of mine and his wife just moved up to Manhattan (well...that little island in the north part of manhattan between it and the mainland...can't remember what it's called)...anyway, they got transferred in their jobs, and instantly got a full 50% pay raise, because that's just how much more the same jobs pay up there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm definitely going to the dragon as often as i can. I moved to Ft Campbell last year and went a few times but got deployed 2 months after i moved. Damn I can't wait to get home.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not to rub it in, but I go 2-3 times a week, depending on work and weather. But hey, I only live 25 min. or so from the overlook. :)

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by MICK636
Not to rub it in, but I go 2-3 times a week, depending on work and weather. But hey, I only live 25 min. or so from the overlook. :)
So I'm guessing you never "flat spot" your tires?

I hate you. [:M45]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.