Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try making their own frame sliders? I saw a post a few years ago where a guys said he made his own for about $ 4.00 with some material from Home Depot. However, he is not responding to his e-mail and I was curious what he did. Does anyone have any experience with this? Sounds interesing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I tried that got some derlin sliders from ebay for about 10 buck, longer engine mounting bolts, but the problems is where and how did you relocate the coolant reservoir?

·
Registered
67 Posts
i made these out of parts I found at a paint gun store. The are chromed billet, but the do have dirffrent styles and anazided colors. They fit in the stock holes on my 99

·
Registered
170 Posts
Those sliders are too long to work good. When you crash, there will be too much leverage due to the length and rip that little 4mm bolt right out of the frame...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, i made them a little long, but i had the white delrin that
they made for zx9's and they were too short and the ripped rite off too. These I can trim and adjust as needed. Plus they were only 15 bucks a piece. I was gonning to use the engine mount bolt but i didn't want to cut another hole in the plastics.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I would just buy a pair.... for tha trouble they only cost 20-30 dollaz off ebay

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.