Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
riding a night is the shit!!!my lil bro(20) and i(24) went for a little spin on my 02 zx9 his 05 cbr 600 we cruised down to hollywood blvd and sunset blvd just to see what was goin on, it was like it was 5pm on a saturday,people everywhere.so any way were ridin next to each other he slows down and friggin WHEELIES right past me, i pull a stand up so not to be out done lol. it really got exciting on the freeway.We're HAULIN ASS(150mph area)up the 2 freeway ima a little ahead of him there is a tunnel from the 2 to the 210 in which i hit 130 thru so now i notice i gained some more distance, all of a sudden here he FLYIN BY with about a mile to go i went WTFO, it took me a few secs, and passed him ,so i got him back.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
grrrr.....im definitely jealous of people who have brothers that ride. its gotta be nice to have an instant riding buddy any time you want. sounds like you had a lot of fun tho

o and you might wanna put on your flame suit. you know how these things typically turn out......

·
Registered
875 Posts
I hope my bro wants to ride when he gets his license in a few yrs. I'd like to give him my 500 to learn with when I eventually upgrade to something else.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My brother and I ride at least once a week together. We always compare wheelies, and see who can go through the turns (the very few we have here in KS) the fastest. We both ride '05 6Rs so the competition is pretty fair.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Riding at night is the best time, unless you live out in the country. I do most of my riding late at night being that i work late and I live in the city, all the roads are empty and well lit. I don't know if i'd want my little brother to start riding, I'd feel really guilty if something happened to him and he's not nearly as ballsy as i ever was. I just see too many people get hurt anymore i kinda shy away from tryin ta get friends and family into riding nowadays.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I would love to have someone to ride with.

I've been riding alone since I started except the season of
05, when I was riding with a guy I meet on a bike forum.
But then I had the ZX6R -05, and he had the R1 -04.

He usually smoked me on low speed acceleration due to his big torque.

I would love to "race" him now. His alot heavier than me, and I ride the new 10 with Arrow, PC and K&N. Not optimized ma though. I will still get some more HP with the right map.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My little brother ins't mature enough to control himself on a bike, and we both know it. he gets his kicks out of building fast ass Mustangs though.:D

·
Registered
622 Posts
yea, my lil bro rides a liter bike. it's funny though we're interested in different styles, i love twisties & trackdays, & he loves rockin the 3 mile wheelies (he can hold his own in the corners though). the only wheelie i'm interested in learning, is the one down the front straight in front of the checkered flag[:M22]

and props to every1 for not flamin' the guy;)

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Just keep an eye on him man! I know he's grown, and 20 years old and all... but you're the big bro and you'd feel bad if something ever happened to him on that bike.

Other than that, have fun, and stay out of trouble!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
Just keep an eye on him man! I know he's grown, and 20 years old and all... but you're the big bro and you'd feel bad if something ever happened to him on that bike.

Other than that, have fun, and stay out of trouble!
i know dogg, i never push or pressure him to do crazy shit. hes really good. we tear shit up.....but within our limits.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by modcrazy

i know dogg, i never push or pressure him to do crazy shit. hes really good. we tear shit up.....but within our limits.
well I'm not going to say anything to either of you about how you ride, because that's your business and not mine unless I'm out minding my own business and you cause harm to me.. so that's cool. all I'm saying is be careful and look out for eachother.

broke my heart to hear that story about the two brothers that were killed on the same stretch of road in two separate accidents within an hour or so of eachother :(

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
when I first read the thread title... I thought it said "Man.. I love riding my brother!"

·
Registered
155 Posts
me and my older bro used to ride. But he is in the navy and is now married living on base in CT. And I am here in Texas, I ride with my dad though. Riding wheelies and doing all kinds of crazy stuff. And he is 52, so its all pretty crazy, hes got a busa so he is quite abit faster. ITs all still fun though, we took a trip to alaska this summer, 10500 miles, it was awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.