Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, havent been on the forums for a while. Got a 96' yzf 600 for a temp bike till the zx-10r comes out and man yamaha had done some shitty a$$ engineering on their bikes. Last night I was doin some wheelies and on one of them I popped the clutch in 1st and when I did that the chain tensioner brackets snapped in half causing the tire to move foward causing the chain to come undone and causing that to smack my water pump (A new assembly is $153.30!) all the coolant leaked out, mainly on my rear tire and the chain locked the rear wheel makin me skid (I had it under control very well:D) My complaint is on their engineering of the chain adjuster, they have these small little plates that go on the end of the swing arm with a hole threw it for the bolt of the adjuster and a nut and washer on top of that. The peice of metal is soooo flimsy it doesnt even feel like aluminum. This is the main reason why I would never buy one of those slow ass, crappy R6's or R1's. Yamaha might have the best ATV's also (which I have had numerous problems, also steering arm broke in the Baja 2000 and cost them th win) but the little parts that yamaha doent really care about get poorly engineered and that is my main concern with yamaha. Anyone else have problems with yamaha or any other manufacture?

·
Registered
156 Posts
hmmmmmn i got a buddy with a 97 r6 and he puts that thing through hell...its been layed down multiple times yet is still holding up other than the fairings that are zip tied on ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by MichiganWheelie
I smoked a r1 on a quarter strip(or right around there).Hi bike was a little older though but still. Yamaha sucks
[:p][:p]
If you smoked an R1 it was either that he sucked at drag racing, or his bike's engine was blown. Cause otherwise you would have gotten your shit kicked in. :p

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
A lot of it comes down to rider. I don't do much drag racing but I've passed guys on R1's and Gixxer 1k's in the twisties out here because they have no clue how to ride.

By the way, That Avatar ROCKS!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by Ken Yellow 02
A lot of it comes down to rider. I don't do much drag racing but I've passed guys on R1's and Gixxer 1k's in the twisties out here because they have no clue how to ride.

By the way, That Avatar ROCKS!
Totally. My friend on a triumph 995i always spanks this guy we know ona GSXR1K, but if they switch bikes my friend still wins. Its all in the ridding. But in terms of sheer power, the R1 has gobbs load of power more than even the fastest 600.

And thanks about the avatar.. Haha I stole it off a different forum. :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
"dirty98zx6r", No they did not make the R6 in 97. The R6 was not introduced until 99. "99zx6r" I have an 02 R6, and I could not say enough good things about it, but I don't want carbs anymore so Im going with the 04 636. I don't think that any of the four japanese brands are going to be shit. And a 96 Yzf 600 is not exactly the bike to be wheeling. It's more of a "sport tourer". And another thing, the R6 and the R1 is NOT slow ;).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I say piss on yamaha, and if its not a bike to be wheelied then they shouldn't have givin it so much horsepower so some throttle happy punk like me wheelies the bitch [}:)]. Took me all day today to fix that crap, most of time was waiting for things to dry (epoxy :D) and about those R1's and 6's being slow, just wait till the ZX-10r comes out, if that thing has atleast 180 hp it will have a .5 hp to weight ratio, compared to most of all other bikes out there, nothing will be able to touch it. ;)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
yea but that's the "manufacturer's claimed" output, if ya know what i mean;)
still, it'll prob be pretty large number anyway

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well lets hope so cause if not then I'll be a little dissapointed but I'll still probably get one. ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by 99zx6r
Well I say piss on yamaha, and if its not a bike to be wheelied then they shouldn't have givin it so much horsepower so some throttle happy punk like me wheelies the bitch [}:)]. Took me all day today to fix that crap, most of time was waiting for things to dry (epoxy :D) and about those R1's and 6's being slow, just wait till the ZX-10r comes out, if that thing has atleast 180 hp it will have a .5 hp to weight ratio, compared to most of all other bikes out there, nothing will be able to touch it. ;)
Well I hope that your right. But still.. I must point out that we don't know the weight ratio yet. There has been no confirmed dry weight specs at all. So saying it will have a .5 hp to weight ratio really just a guess? Unless you have proof, and believe me nothing would make me happier than seeing proof that you are right.[:M51]

But unfortunetly no one knows for sure except for big K. And I have faith in them delivering a great bike.. But the best? Well.. Time will only tell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And about those R1's and 6's being slow, just wait till the ZX-10r comes out, if that thing has atleast 180 hp it will have .5hp to wieght ratio, compared to most of all other bikes out there, nothing will be able touch it

Just remember "99zx6r" that most riders fail to understand, is that it's not the bike that makes the rider fast, it's the rider that makes the bike fast.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.