Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home today, just about 3 miles from my house, I witness a motorcycle accident with a car. It happened on an intersection, the car T-boned the Harley. It happened about 15 cars ahead of me. The car flipped upside down and the Harley was smashed and the motorcycle driver on his back with severe head trauma. I believe he was killed instantly. His head (what was left of it) was in bad shape. Lots of blood. He was wearing a nazi style helmet, t-shirt and short. I don’t think any gear would have saved him. It scared the sh*t out of me. That could have easily been me. My knees started shaking and barely made it home. I got home and started puking. This guy went out ridding, like the most of us, and dies because some cager didn’t see him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
That's why I ALWAYS check both ways before entering an intersection. I usually try not to be the first vehicle through. NEVER EVER shoot a light just changing to green, too many pinheads running the red!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
[:Agree]

I piss some people off by honking and/or flashing my headlights at them. I'm a firm believer that 90% of the cagers don't see bikes. I try and keep a buffer zone around me at all times. I imagine the stupidest things that a cager might do and run thru my head how I would react to them. Ride smart and safe guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
Thats why I am thinking of tracking only but who knows when it will start. I havent even been riding that much.
 

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
Joined
·
45,304 Posts
Sorry you had to see that. Really, I am. Reading about it and seeing it are two different things. Been there, done that. Started a ride with 4 and only came back with 3. Trying to explain to the family of a 25 year old who did not come home why we do what we do was gut wrenching. The sight NEVER leaves your mind. ALWAYS assume the other guy does not see you. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
That sucks. But I mean, it sorta comes with the territory. By being a motorcycle rider, you have to come to face the fact that most people are fucking idiots and you have to watch out for them more than your own riding. But its never good to hear of another rider going down for good. RIP

BTW: WTF is a nazi-style helmet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I thought I was the only one who had that kind of a reaction to seeing another rider killed by a car. It does scare the hell out of you all you can think about is how that could have been you.
 
G

·
Originally posted by Rcorace
That's why I ALWAYS check both ways before entering an intersection. I usually try not to be the first vehicle through. NEVER EVER shoot a light just changing to green, too many pinheads running the red!
extremely too common here too. the red lights here last a while b4 they turn green, so the dumb fucks instead of waiting, just go ahead and run 'em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
I was making a right at a light today and my light turned green. I couldn't see to my left because of a truck on my left side blocking my view. The light had been green for about 5 seconds and I was just about to pull out when some jackass in a jetta blew through the red at about 50. If I had gone right then he would have nailed me right in the side. The next light he came to a complete stop at a green light that had been green since we were 100 yards away and nobody was in front of him. Either drunk or retarded. Never underestimate the stupidity of others. I'm sorry that you had to see that happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Originally posted by ShiftyCapone
That sucks. But I mean, it sorta comes with the territory. By being a motorcycle rider, you have to come to face the fact that most people are fucking idiots and you have to watch out for them more than your own riding. But its never good to hear of another rider going down for good. RIP

BTW: WTF is a nazi-style helmet?


nazi-style helmets are also called "germans" by many...you see them on harley and chopper riders. also on squids riding sport bikes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Originally posted by pcracks25

nazi-style helmets are also called "germans" by many...you see them on harley and chopper riders. also on squids riding sport bikes
A couple weeks ago I saw a guy on a blinged out 'busa wearing one. It complemented his tank top and shorts nicely. He sure was a badass though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Originally posted by pcracks25

nazi-style helmets are also called "germans" by many...you see them on harley and chopper riders. also on squids riding sport bikes
That's what I thought. Around here I see more blacks riding Busas with those things on than anything else. And also wearing 'em on those fucking big ass mopeds...[:M92]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Uhh, we prefer "scooters" - mopeds are for drunks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
we have had 2 riders med-flighted out in the last 3 days in my area, it really makes you stop and wonder if you are next??? RIP[V]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
Originally posted by prs
Sorry you had to see that. Really, I am. Reading about it and seeing it are two different things. Been there, done that. Started a ride with 4 and only came back with 3. Trying to explain to the family of a 25 year old who did not come home why we do what we do was gut wrenching. The sight NEVER leaves your mind. ALWAYS assume the other guy does not see you. :(
Went through similar cirumstances 6 years ago....Amen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I live in TampaFl.
We hear of accidents happening,some people make it,some dont..

So the few that we hear of,we try to document it.Maybe this will keep riders,and cagers eyes open for each other.A few of the riders down in this thread,are some of our own from out local forum.

We recently had a guy who went down.Hes gettign better day by day,but he stills has alot to work on.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/bike-tech/286316-rider-down-archive-current-count-113-a.html
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top