Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can we do to revive the ZX14R boards?

Anyone want to chime in what have you done to your ZX-14R lately?

What in your opinion do you think Kawasaki can do to change the ZX14r? maybe add a Supercharger?

Lets revive this place

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I'd actually like to see a complete redesign of the fairings to start... LoL

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd actually like to see a complete redesign of the fairings to start... LoL
what's wrong with the fairings? they look pretty badass to me...

I just can't stand the dual color scheme stick to one color again, Green, Blue, Red, Silver, Black

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
What in your opinion do you think Kawasaki can do to change the ZX14r? maybe add a Supercharger?
They already made the motor bigger and it's a 200 mph bike out of the crate.
Adding a super charger would just screw things up.
Look how they screwed up the H2R

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They already made the motor bigger and it's a 200 mph bike out of the crate.
Adding a super charger would just screw things up.
Look how they screwed up the H2R
How would that screw things up? I'm just curious make something already fast ridiculously faster? I see people modding the ZX14R all the time with PC's, nitrous, Reflashing the ECU...

We got folks already trying to screw it up already except a supercharger option for the Zx14R would be under warranty win win wouldn't you think?

·
Registered
590 Posts
How would that screw things up? I'm just curious make something already fast ridiculously faster? I see people modding the ZX14R all the time with PC's, nitrous, Reflashing the ECU...

We got folks already trying to screw it up already except a supercharger option for the Zx14R would be under warranty win win wouldn't you think?
If they would have made the H2R with 300 hp available for the street then I think more people would have been interested.
What was the final number on hp for the H2 street version, 207? 197? There are litre bikes for less money and less weight that make that hp and there's no sc to worry about.
Add in a sc to a 14 and I doubt the extra money and hp will be anything to get excited about for the street version.
Insurance is already stupid expensive.
I just don't think most guys can even handle a 300 hp 14 on the street and then you need to get all those ponies to the ground to even use them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I did an ECU flash by Schnitz racing and added a PCV.
My flash was only $75 and $10 shipping
I would like to see what performance gains there are with the other more expensive flashes like Guhl.
I just wanted a few features disabled from the factory and my flies open sooner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah I have the Modular Sargent seat. Eventually I plan on getting the cargo piece that will go where the back seat is. It looks like a rear seat cowl, but with usable storage for the days I'm riding solo.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL I said this below....

what's wrong with the fairings? they look pretty badass to me...

I just can't stand the dual color scheme stick to one color again, Green, Blue, Red, Silver, Black

I really liked my all candy plasma blue 14 but I don't think I would like an all green one.
The two tone green and black looks awesome.
you know what's funny...I said this and THIS was the bike i ended up getting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, check this out. I just bought a beautiful zx14 2015, also purchased two bros black series slip on for it, which I will install; however I drove 2 miles from the dealership and the front brakes lock up at a stop light. WTF! I said to my self, not my baby girl acting up already. Im in the middle of the road with a 500lb brick that won't move. The dealership had closed, everyone left when I left, I had to pay 150 bucks to have it towed uugghh, just a mess I'm so pissed. Does anyone know what would cause the brakes to lock up on a brand new bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
A buddy said my brake calipers had swoll up, but will go down, I would have to wait a while, which they did, but after an hr and a half, while waiting for a tow. The bike did move finally but I didn't want to chance riding and they lock up throwing my ass off the bike, can't think of what might have cause that to happen???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Caliper swolled up? Man something ain't right. It would be sitting back at dealership until they fixed the problem, and be paying for the towing fees. Good luck with your new bike, and congrats.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Does it have ABS?
First thing I thought of was the brake lever wasn't installed properly and the pin isn't in the MC properly.
Something isn't releasing in the MC.
Never heard of calipers swoll up, especially if both sides are locked up.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guys, check this out. I just bought a beautiful zx14 2015, also purchased two bros black series slip on for it, which I will install; however I drove 2 miles from the dealership and the front brakes lock up at a stop light. WTF! I said to my self, not my baby girl acting up already. Im in the middle of the road with a 500lb brick that won't move. The dealership had closed, everyone left when I left, I had to pay 150 bucks to have it towed uugghh, just a mess I'm so pissed. Does anyone know what would cause the brakes to lock up on a brand new bike?
What color is it!!!! and that sucks call your dealership and let them know what is going on. You have a 12 month warranty

1 - 20 of 26 Posts