Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to try and prove my usefulness by installing my own tires.

Bought a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2s and did the rear tire with only a few curse words. Breaking the bead using 'C' clamps works, just slow.

The front one, I snapped the bead walking the tire spoons around the rim. It was not worth the backache, not worth the new tire I now have to purchase, and not worth the chewed up rim.

Tell me changing a 120/70ZR17 is easier than this so I can stop beating myself up over it. I used baby powder and everything. This is one project I am NEVER attempting again. Fuck this.

:mad:

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
It's really tough to change a tubeless tire using tire spoons. Either a manual machine, or a hydraulic makes it a lot easier... and increases the chances of not marring the rim.

·
Registered
195 Posts
How often do you change your tires? You can usually get both mounted under or around $50. If you are constantly swapping between road and track tires, it makes sense but for normal riding, the cost is negligible for how often you have to do it.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I used to change all my tires manually, but lately I have either been using my friends SnapOn tire machine, or having my tire guy do it at the track for free.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts