Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I have been wanting to get some anaodized gold forged aluminum wheels for a while. I now have the coin to do so. I have narrowed my choices to either Marchesini or Carrozzeria. Are there any pro's or cons's to either brand? JD or Jardis: I know that you guys have upgraded wheels, any input on this?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Only down side i can even think of with the carrozeria wheels is the front wheel does not have enough of a depression in the outer hoop.
Makes changing tires a pain in the ass for sure, easier to just cut the old one off.
I have had the one on my 6R forover 3 years now and love them, just going to have them hard anodized for a new color and more protection.

i run them on my 10r and felt an instant improvement in transition (handling) of the bike everywhere.

as for the marchesini aluminum wheels, i am pretty sure their is no weight change over stock, but the way they carry the weight is what counts...guy on zx10r.net said something about it

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
JD: Was there any difference in weight between stock ZX6R wheels and the Carrozzeria's? Also do you mount your own tires or have someone else mount them? Have they had any issues with mounting tires on the front rim?
ALSO JD: PM SENT!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the Carrozzeria wheels on my 600RR. The 07 600RR has the lightest OEM wheels out of any 600 by about 8 oz's or so and the Carrozzeria wheels were still 13oz lighter for the front, 2.2lbs lighter for the rear. I weighed them on a postal scale.

I noticed a big difference right off the bat.

As mentioned above, there is less relief valley in the center of the wheels, but that being said I change my own tires and it has not been a big issue. Just requires a bit more effort. An extra tire iron and rim saver usually get the job done for me. I've never had to cut one off.

I sell both Carrozzeria and Marchesini wheels. Both are very good wheels. Both will save about the same amount of weight. I've been told that the Carrozzeria wheels weight a couple ounces less that the Marchesini's but I have not confirmed this. I can tell you that I don't think the Marchesinis are worth $300 more.

PM me and I will give you a nice sale price on the Carrozzeria's.

Below are a couple of pics from my bike in both street and track gear.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i like the Marchesini design a lot better, quality wheels

that cbr looks so much better though than the nasty 3 spoke wheels (cant stand 3 spokers ;p)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think i am leaning twords the Carrozzeria's. They look better and use a kawi sprocket. I could have sworn some people on here got thiers for $1250 shipped. That was a while ago, but i am sure the price hasn't gone up too much. Anyone know where to get a deal like that?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cozye: how about setting up a group buy on these?

·
Registered
49 Posts
wheel prices change with the metals market, so technically prices could fluctuate by a couple hundred $ due to the going price of aluminum.

Marchesini's are way cool, but Carrozia are less costly as you said yourself.

·
Registered
105 Posts
cozye: how about setting up a group buy on these?
The price I gave you is a great "group buy" price. They will not reduce dealer cost on these any more for a group buy and if I told you what I was making on the wheels you would pitch in another $50 out of pity.

The MSRP of these wheels is $1739 before shipping. The price you posted above is significantly below dealer cost. You also have to remember that a dealer has to pay shipping on these wheels twice, once to me and once to the customer. That on top of 3% transaction fees eats into the margin as well.

I'd like to sell the wheels as cheap as I possibly can, but I've got to cover my cost to do it. I can't give them away. ;) . I encourage you to call around and see how much better you can do. The price I offer is very competitive along with great service. I've sold a lot of these wheels at that price.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cozye: You are right, i meant no disrespect to you. Like everyone, we are all trying to make/save a buck. The price you gave me was pretty damn good, as i have been shopping around. More than likeley i will be bying a set from you real soon!

·
Registered
105 Posts
cozye: You are right, i meant no disrespect to you. Like everyone, we are all trying to make/save a buck. The price you gave me was pretty damn good, as i have been shopping around. More than likeley i will be bying a set from you real soon!
Sweet dude. Sorry I missed your reply. In any case, just send me a PM when/if you are ready or you need anything else ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts