Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southern MD in da house. I am south of Waldorf.

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
89 Posts
i live 10 mins south of b-more, in glen burnie. i dont do much riding down in the dc area. i stick to the countys & zip on up to fells point on fri & sat night. somethime theres 30 ~ 75 bikes up there on the weekend.

"TEARS will get you sympathy,
SWEAT will get you change"

·
Registered
298 Posts
Skeezer, are you joking? Frederick/Damascus/etc...is where my buddies and I used to ride all the time. Rte. 28 has some nice twisties once you get far out enough. :D

inca jones

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Southern PA here...about 20 minutes away from Hagerstown....

rode through Frederick alot....I see bikes at Rita's Itailain Ice off 40 sometimes...must be getting some icy treats..

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you ride in frederick i'm sure you have riden up 550 in thurmont. That is a killer strech up the mountain and alot of peeps from d.c. hit it about once a month. So you know if you got peeps from d.c. hittin a road it has to be offical!!!!

Ryde or Dye, I'll Ryde Till I Dye!!!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
550 is nice...alot of tar snakes though....I live about 15-20 minutes from 550.

have you ever ridden 77? that road is pretty nice.....

we also ride to WV, and hit Route 9 alot....that is a kick ass road...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I usually do a 550 to 77 loop that goes to Cotoctin park or whatever (spelling?)

maybe a 45 minute ride but it's twisty almost the whole time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Skeezer, I moved back from Queens last August. Small world. [8D]

All: as corny as this sounds, how about an Kawasaki meet one of these days? I work weekends, so that may be difficult. But let's throw out some ideas...

inca jones

2003 636 Black

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey all I live in B-More and I normally ride in the county in and around dogwood rd, marriotville rd,hardford rd going out to bel air,glen burnie,and where ever else I feel like going. I normally ride by my self but looking for people ride with.

It's not the size of your bike but how you use it

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey Everyone! I'm in Delaware, but close enough to Maryland! Let me know if anyone is planning a trip down to OC some weekend!

[:p]
E

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
~D&D Slip On
My Daily Ride:
Blk/Blk 2003 Acura CL-S 6M

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Smithsburg here, just 5 miles east of hag but work in Frederick 3-11pm. Had my 6r just short a week now & only has 250 miles, but lived in hagtown since '95 and must Rt 9 to Berkeley Spgs is a bitch road. can't wait to head that way, maybe this weekend..

Any of you local guys from Frederick or Hag want to ride together hit me up at my email. Only bring her to work when not calling for rain cauz I'm not that confident yet

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
shit man, I'm like 10 minutes from smithsburg....

I'm in Waynesboro PA...right on the MD border....

A buddy and I do RT 9 all the time....

550 is ok, and 77 is nice too....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
hey Trent here nice to meet you Andy. If you & your bud have room for another rider let me know! None of my friends have bikes- I was the first to go out and do this. Anyway, I'd do my best to keep up on rt 9. I'll tell you up front I'm a bit nervous on that road w/ this 03 model b/c years back my dad wiped out on it w/ an old honda 350. May not know where I mean but it's where there's a tight hairpin curve and was a bad accident.

If interested jet me an email and I'll give you my number.

Also, skeezer, I get hour breaks in Frederick so if you want to hit the golden mile on weekends feel free to hit me up!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
btw.. Andy, do you know Xtreme tinting on the dual in Hagtown? Ritchie there is our age and half owner, has an R1 and a kewl flames tattoo on his whole right arm. Heard it goes up his entire back to. Anyway he just put titanium tint on my accord and said planned on going to bike week (i think may have been this wk?).

Anyway not sure if he likes to ride w/ others than his one bud (he has an identical tattoo on his other arm), but I know has a reputation at Twiggs as being one badass MF! Told me a while back his MCL was pulled for riding wheelies an entire block through town. He's pretty big to, around 210-220lb I'd say. Maybe meet up w/ him sometime for some good stories or you may already know him.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Richie sounds like a badass....I know where Twiggs is, I go there sometimes just to look at new bikes.

I'm not really into badass riders, they tend to get you into alot of trouble on bikes....

All my riding tends to be pretty tame, I go fast sometimes but I try to refrain from too much hooligan behavier. IT costs way too much when you drop your bike or worse yet, wreck it.

i'll try and drop you an email once we start getting some nice predicable weather.

Sunday looks good, but there is a "poker run" ride I'm going on in Chambersburg I think.

ARe you up for riding on most every weekend? Or do you have work or other obigations?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Any friday or saturday after midnight I can ride for a few hours or even Sunday all day. Often I need to come in here on saturdays and put in some hours. Could even ride tonite after work.. your call

It's just still F'n cold out and I have a small cold from riding wed night. I'd went by boonsboro m&t bank and it read 36 degrees!! Stupid ass me only had a sweatshirt on.

1 - 20 of 1277 Posts