Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 ZX6R. It has all stock brakes. I use this bike for the track and I am looking for some more stopping power. I know one of the weakness of the bike is the master cylinder. I haven't found a good thread saying what everyone is swapping too. Also if there is any better calipers please let me know.

· Registered
136 Posts
ive got a 98, im using 4 piston gsxr 600 calipers i believe from a 97. if you look to the next page or page after i did a write up on this, and a 19x20 brembo master. for the most part any master should work, im running a k6 radial master on my honda and it works great

· That Fighter Guy
2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 street fighter
15,167 Posts
I'm running a radial master off of an 05/06 ZX6R/RR. The 07 and newer ZX6R are supposed to be even better. I did the front end swap, but kept the stock master with braided lines, and that gave me better stopping power. Swapped the master and got even better stopping power. I vote that you get a radial master from any Japanese sport bike and try that first before you explore calipers. I got my radial master for $50 shipped (from here on the forum), plus another $55 for Goodridge lines off of ebay. Your stock lines won't work with a radial master cylinder. Pretty much all sport bikes that I'm aware of run 7/8" bars, so any master can be made to fit and work on your bike. Good luck.

· That Fighter Guy
2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 street fighter
15,167 Posts
Braided lines for your stock master will not work on a radial master. The lines on the radial master mount up on the bottom of the master rather than the side like your stock unit. Aftermarket lines for the radial have 90 degree bends at the master cylinder for this reason. I bought a set of Goodridge lines for $55-ish off of ebay a month or so ago and sold my old braided lines to make up like 2/3 of the cost of the new ones. Pretty good deal I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.