Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i get my master link clip style to fit? It is a DID master link, trying to put it on a stock 636 chain. I just can't see how to squeeze it enough to put the posts through enough to get the clip on.

Please help!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
either buy the tool or use two small C clamps. to squeeze it on. you will never get it on with vise grips or whatever youre using. the C clamp method works well. you need to find two small nuts to place over the part youre pushing on to give it clearance when applying the pressure. just work each side until you get it enough clearance to put the clip on

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Why buy a nice strong chain and then use a clip style master link? Those just spell trouble man! Get a rivet master link.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't been able to find one locally with out having to wait a week for it...and i have heard mixed reviews for them...i will keep an eye on it.

But i got it on there...i tried a c clamp but that didn't work for me....so after getting pissed about it i just pressed it on with my channel locks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I love the DID chains, but will not use the clip master links with them. Rivet links are only a few dollars...

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i use a clip style, wheelis, draggin some, no issues, just make sure it's not on backwards.

and needle nose plyers work well

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I haven't had any problems with clip style either.

--David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts