Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just wondering what the maximum CC the 636 engine can be bored and stroked out to? A friend claims his 06 636 was kited to 755cc, I think he's confused or mis-informed and hes got 655cc's
If it were possible I am sure many of us on here would have already done it. So is 655 the max?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
KWS shows a max of 2mm overbore = 674cc. Only runs you $4550 for the work [:M35]

Level 3 – 130 to 133hp prices starting at $4550: Drag racing, unlimited road

racing, top speed contests or hyper-street bikes. KWS offers over bore kits of + 2mm (674cc). These motors make 130hp+ and can be ridden daily on the street (+ Level, 1, 2)

JE custom pistons, block machined by Millennium Technologies, KWS pro Head work, Web Cams, Adjustable cam sprockets, Custom head gasket, base runs and final dyno tune, etc….

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
674 would be correct as i did this research about 6 months ago and decided i would just wait till i broke the motor and go from there.

When the time comes i will do this mod myself...being i know what i am doing...
Just need to see where they are sending the cylinders to be bored and replated..
Going to be cleaning up a head i have in preparation for this in the next year or so...

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
JD, I was actually just reading an article about the '05 zx6rr and how the head from the factory (this was from a bike straight off the show room floor) already had excellent porting and really didn't require any work. I wonder if this is the same case for the 636 head. Also noted were the cam sprockets already having holes for adjustablity. Besides the increased displacement, how much of a difference is there between the 600 engine and the 636?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well the heads are NOT interchangable..same with the pistons etc etc etc

This weekend i will take a good look at the cylinder head i have when i get the valves out of it.
I have seen the 6RR and it looks truly CNC'ed from the get go and top notch..The zx6R (636) i am not so sure about that..

Ok well Update i just dug it out...IT IS NOT LIKE THE ZX6RR

Right off the bat i can see the casting flash in the exhaust ports & around the spark plugs and the there are some hard edges around the valves...The inlet tracts look pretty good for a stocker, BUT there is a definete cast edges halfway down the inlet tract.the 6RR head i looked at was a very clean combction chamber,inlet & exhaust as well.

So i will update you guys on how it works out...Going to see about getting it flowed before and then an after

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.