Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Hear that america! ZED not ZEE get your language down proper! lol Jk :)

Great bike hopefully! Hopefully that motor will be just as good as the 636 so kawi can get back on top!

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
@ 2:09 I winched thinking he was blowing the corner :lol:

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
who the hell does a road test on a sportbike, when its near freezing & wet outside, pretty lame review if you ask me

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
who the hell does a road test on a sportbike, when its near freezing & wet outside, pretty lame review if you ask me
It's England. That's probably the nicest day they've had all year. I lived there for three years and would have been happy for a nice clear wet and only near freezing day.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
who the hell does a road test on a sportbike, when its near freezing & wet outside?
The same people who pronounce the letter Z as "ZEN" or "ZED". :lol:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
I swear those engrish cats sound like they are saying "zen x".............

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
I went on the new 09 ZX6 at the dealer and you can definitely feel how lighter it is. The Ohlins steering damper is a cheap one.
The ones on the dealership floor "typically" have no oil/fuel/coolant in them

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Well I for one absolutely love my 08. I don't see how he could called it cramped. I'm 6-3 and I don't find it cramped at all. The position is one the reasons I bought it. I like the fact that you have to rev it to make useable power. I just did the jumper mod before I put it away and I did notice a diff. What I can't understand is how they can say it's less refined than the other 600s. I think the 08's trans shifts like butter. The handling is confidence inspiring, balanced, stable and predictable.

It's night and day above my buddy's 05 600rr when it comes to cornering, he rode it and could not believe how well it dives into corners. The other guy I ride with had an 07 Gixxer6 and I hated the riding position. It was powerful but on the street I found it pointless. My other buddy took mine for a ride and stuck me with his 2000 929. Literlly stuck me with it. I wasn't sure if I was gonna get my bike back after that. Yeah I know they're 8 yrs apart but seriously I have no complaints at all with the 08 nor could I justify getting the 09 just for some added mid range and a few more HP, for the street atleast.

I for one won't be giving in to the hype. The 08 is a perfrct bike for my needs and I don't see me parting with it anytime soon. If you're thinking about getting an 09 and haven't ridden the 07-08 ride them both and be sure. I just don't see how they could have improved the 09 as much as they claim to have. The 08 is just too good in my eyes. I'll check one at the next demo day but I'm sure that's as far as I'll go toward replacing such an amazing bike.

Habs

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I wish i had more mid-range for my 08. Not sure if i broke it in too soft or what, but that'd be nice. And this coming from someone who's never ridden any other bike,lol. At the same time, I'm slowly backing away from the hype, as I genuinly like the design of the 07-08's alot better. A more smoother look & i've always loved the undertail.

I'm hoping that after a pc3 and full exhaust and air filter it'll give me that extra umph, i'd like. Any clue how much more HP these mods would bring out??

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
I wish i had more mid-range for my 08. Not sure if i broke it in too soft or what, but that'd be nice.
I broke mine in super soft (per manual) and mine makes amazing midrange.

oh wait, mine's a 636 :D

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I broke mine in super soft (per manual) and mine makes amazing midrange.

oh wait, mine's a 636 :D
honda doesn't even recommend a break in deal, they told me just to bring it back at 600 miles & get an oil change lol, plus i got a 3 year warranty so i'ma beat the piss out of that bike :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts