Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is right forum, but we'll try here anyway. Does anyone know the Maryland neon light laws that pertain to bikes? Like what colors I can have, if they can only not be strobing, or have them at all, or whatever. The placement of them or something. Or, where to get this information? I checked www.maryland.gov but that didn't exactly help me... any other ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I called the motorcycle division for the Texas DPS when I had a specific question (about tucking the plate), and they were able to answer my question. You might want to try that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's the DPS? Is that like our MVA? (where you get your license and plates and stuff) or is it something different?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Department of Public Safety. Give your MVA a call. If they can't answer your question, I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what did they say about tucking the plate,, is it legal in texas? i need to go get the safety inspection, but i tore out the platet light and the plate is deep under the seat. dont know if i can pass with that...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Texan: they told me basically it was up to the officer whether a ticket would be issued or not. I haven't had any probs. yet but who knows what's in store...and it's not illuminated either...Something I need to do though.

AKA....The Texas Tuck!

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Originally posted by Ninjakal

Not sure if this is right forum, but we'll try here anyway. Does anyone know the Maryland neon light laws that pertain to bikes? Like what colors I can have, if they can only not be strobing, or have them at all, or whatever. The placement of them or something. Or, where to get this information? I checked www.maryland.gov but that didn't exactly help me... any other ideas or suggestions?
I don't know the laws by heart but the last I checked, foward facing red, blue and neon bulbs were ilegal in MD. I'm sure there is more but I can't remember everything. Basically, if it looks good, it's probably ilegal :(.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.