Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced engine on 2006 636. All wires replaced properly (i think). Bike starts fine but after bike was started and temp gets to about 140-170 I start to ride and before i can get to 3rd gear the temp gauge is saying HI. I guess meaning the temp is over 250. Could it be the thermostat? I'm not sure please help.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
it could be a bad thermostat but I think your problem is an easy fix. I think you have an air pocket. Shut bike down, let cool, fill with coolant, then start with cap off...let run and warm up and work all air out of system, remember to fill your overflow tank to the correct line also.

for the record *MMI grad, top of class in Honda and Kawi certs. 5 years as tech. then service manager for a dealership, been riding and wrenching on bikes for 30+ years*

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
has to be an air pocket & i'm not sure if the kawi has a bleeder screw like the gixxers do, if you do that & it STILL does that, then i'd look towards the temp sensor possibly

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
There is an air bleed screw behind the cylinders on the RH side. There's most likely air like everyone says. Do you know for sure if the motor is good? Another thing to do is to squeeze the coolant hoses with the cap on tight then check the level again.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A big thank you guys for all of your help kawiforums has done it again. I took radiator cap off and there was no coolant in radiator just in the reserve bottle on the left side of bike. Man I realized i could have messed up big time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts