Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumped my bike at low speed into the dirt, and among the fairings being f*credit , my rear brake pedal was snapped off almost, what should I do about this? Is there any way I can replace it myself? And would it make more sense to just buy aftermarket fairings instead of oem ones
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle Bicycle tire

Grey Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive design Trunk

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Rim

· Registered
3,271 Posts
Welcome to the forum, this can happen to anyone, if you just can't live with the fairing damage and it's only onesided I would choose the oem replacement albeit pricier.

From the photos it looks like the peg base has to be replaced for safety reasons.

I can't tell if the brake pedal is bent or simply dislocated and hanging downwards. Try reconnecting that spring but in any case, make sure that the pedal is straight and free moving before riding.

If possible, compare it to a new or intact item.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, this can happen to anyone, if you just can't live with the fairing damage and it's only onesided I would choose the oem replacement albeit pricier.

From the photos it looks like the peg base has to be replaced for safety reasons.

I can't tell if the brake pedal is bent or simply dislocated and hanging downwards. Try reconnecting that spring but in any case, make sure that the pedal is straight and free moving before riding.

If possible, compare it to a new or intact item.
yeah, i ordered a new step stay. Im pretty sure the brake pedal is supposed to rest on it to keep itself held up in the back, thats why it looks all dangly. The springs recconect, but the only issue is that since it snapped the step stay at that point, it hangs loose. Im trying to remove the step stay, but im having a problem getting this long bolt out, its almost stuck to a point where i dont have any leverage to pull it out
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear Rim Bicycle part

Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Rim Automotive exterior

· Registered
1992 ZX7J & 2017 z650
176 Posts
Don't pull that bolt out, it's holding your swingarm on. It does not look like you have the bike supported correctly for this. I've never had to remove a swingarm, but what you're doing does not look right. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in soon. Please at least wait for that before proceeding further.

· Registered
135 Posts
Don't pull that bolt out, it's holding your swingarm on. It does not look like you have the bike supported correctly for this. I've never had to remove a swingarm, but what you're doing does not look right. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in soon. Please at least wait for that before proceeding further.
Mattv's right! Your going to have to suspend the rear of the bike from some rafters or something to get that swing arm bolt pivot out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts