Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey i did a search of this topic and i had mixed reviews of what i read...i also googled it and the same thing, mixed feelings about it...some say its normal and some say you shouldn't have it after the first oil change...

i did my 600 miles service then i changed it again at 1500 miles then again at 3900 miles once i got my bike back from getting the gasket fixed...i change out the filter and oil too.

i noticed little metal particles / shavings in the oil when i drained it...they're no flakes and when i touched the oil i don't feel anything rough, i just see little shimmers when i looked at the oil in the sun...

is this normal wear and tear?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Normal.
The engine will always be wearing itself out.
(small traces of metals, not enough to be felt with the hand)

Send an oil sample to Blackstone labs and they will give you a good report about your oil and whats in it, as well as recommendations.

·
Registered
885 Posts
+1 normal

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
+1 for blackstone labs. Only way to really know what's going on in your engine without tearing it down.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it took the shop 3 weeks to finally get to bike...i guess there were bikes ahead of mine cuz i saw different bikes that they had to work on not only kawasaki...but yeah it was 3 weeks of no ride and i was suffering...

as for the ticking...i hear it when it starts and riding but its not loud like metal tapping metal...i asked the mechanic he came over and heard it and said that the ticking were my injectors...its more like a "tickedy tick" like a flutter tick...i've heard it since the day i got it...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
as with everyone saying as normal as a girls period

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
it took the shop 3 weeks to finally get to bike...i guess there were bikes ahead of mine cuz i saw different bikes that they had to work on not only kawasaki...but yeah it was 3 weeks of no ride and i was suffering...

as for the ticking...i hear it when it starts and riding but its not loud like metal tapping metal...i asked the mechanic he came over and heard it and said that the ticking were my injectors...its more like a "tickedy tick" like a flutter tick...i've heard it since the day i got it...
Not trying to be rude here but I wish people would stop worrying about the ticking, its normal as well. Its a Kawasaki, that what they do.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
again u could always say a kawi is like a woman always something goin on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts