Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started hearing a metallic noise last week, but of course I thought it was nothing, because it was very small, here and there. Since then it has grown bigger, and I've narrowed down the symptoms:

Only happens when engine braking. I don't have any symptoms when I shift, bike starts fine and nothing else seems wrong. But if I'm in gear, see traffic and just let off the gas, no brake or anything, that's when I hear it. Also, noticed today that if I slow down but hold the clutch in, I hear it, almost like someone tapping a pipe or something like a metal card between the spokes of a wheel, thunk thunk thunk.

So....anyone experts here have an idea of what it might be? I was thinking clutch because a couple of times I would shift down kinda hard by accident, coming from 6th or 5th. It wouldn't redline, but usually I hold the clutch in and gradually let it go so the downshift is smooth, but these times I guess I missed the friction point altogether and it kinda slammed into gear. Could it be lubrication? :confused: :confused: :confused: Help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey - I've noticed a similar problem (I ride a 07 ZX-6R). Next time you pull the clutch in and hear the noise try shifting into neutral and let me know if the noise disappears - mine does.

I haven't heard anybody else with this problem yet so get back to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts