Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the rattle you mention is not the frame. Something, I think it's the distribution chain tensioner, does that rattle in low RPMs (3000 - 4000 rpms), which seems to be normal, as I've read in other posts in the forum.

If that ain't it, I don't know.

- Wilder than the wildest dreams!

·
Registered
11 Posts
This rattle happend around 6000 - 7000rpm. If it is something in the frame, is there a quick fix for removing the metallic object?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't mean to sound insulting, but could it be your keys rattling? (Just trying to help...) As for the fact that it occurs at a certain rpm range, I know that on both my bikes, there was a certain rpm when it would have more vibrations (on my 91 ex500, around 6000rpm, and on my 03 6r, around 7000rpm), which can make the key rattling sound louder.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by ArsonX

This rattle happend around 6000 - 7000rpm. If it is something in the frame, is there a quick fix for removing the metallic object?
wow, i have the same problem, it only happens between 6k and 7k, i can't pin point to where it's coming from either. it almost sounds like a electrical buzz.

Yeah, i've checked and it's not my keys...I was thinking it might be my front fender fork protectors rattling on the forks, b/c if i look down, i'm missing those two bolts that hold the front fender and fork protector together. So damn lazy to go get new ones to see if that's my problem.

I just try to stay out of 6k and 7k and stay around 10k,

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, its not my keys cause i will hold them and still hear the sound...
It might be the forks, but ill have to check it out. Its really starting to bother me so i need to get it fixed!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2001 ZX6r which i just bought used. It was fine for the first month buy now i am hearing a metallic rattle that i think is comming from the frame. I removed the farring and checked every bolt but cannot find the sorce of the rattle. I have narrowed it down to the frount left side of the bike but have had no luck finding the rattle.:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.