Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the bike back from a 7500 Mile service and was itching to ride. Sure do love these Metzelers. Lean angles and grip are impressive. Im interested to see how many miles I get out of a set and if the grip drops off when 3/4 worn.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Metzeler
Sportec M-3 Front Tire -- 120/65ZR-17 $115.99

186056 Metzeler
Sportec M-3 Rear Tire -- 180/55ZR-17 $147.99

22814 Metzeler
Sportec M-1 Supersport Front Tire -- 120/65ZR-17 $86.99

22824 Metzeler
Sportec M-1 Supersport Rear Tire -- 180/55ZR-17 $119.99

I got a set of m1's also on closeout. Not sure if im allowed to link here so pm me if you would like the site info

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the m-3 is the replacement for the m-1 and is said to last longer and give better traction... but for the price m-1's cant be beat either

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cool, I may be getting tires for my bike before I trade it depending on how much riding I do between now and then and Im debating between the metzelers and michellin pilot powers. From the place Im looking to get them from the price is about the same so in the end it is just going to be a toss up since both are supposed to be excellent tires. I havent used the metzelers before but I have used pilot powers and they were phenomenal. I wont ever buy a dunlop again. I have used them on bikes and cars and never had any good thing to say about either..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My experience m1,m3 or powers are the way to go. The powers seem to be more sensative to temp and seem to slide when hot.. the metzelers seem more consistant over a wider temp range... I dont care for dunlops either..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.