Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally wore out my stock slipstones, oh wait, i mean bridgestones:) 9,500 miles out of those babies...anyway, heard nothin' but good from about the m3's so i decided to get a set and try it 'em out...figured i share the results with ya'll...

1. first thing i noticed was that they have a higher profile than the bridgestones...i'm 5'10" and when i first hoped on i noticed quite a difference...no big deal though, but for those of shorter stature you may want to beware...

2. the boys at my shop had a bit of a time getting the tires to bead...same profile as stock but they had to take the air pressure up quite a bit before they finally set...once again...just a note...

3. they felt a little sluggish at first...i had to work a little bit harder to whip the bike around...not that bad, but i did notice a difference...

4. so, now to the good stuff...being an absolute maniac on the twisites, i decided to go and test them out this past sunday...these babies inspires some scary confidence, if i can combine those two adjective...the lean angle is absolutely amazing and the bike just sails around corners with the greatest of ease...with the bridgestones, when i'd hit the edge of the rear, i started to lose serious confidence and my butt hole had a tendency to pucker up...not with the m3's...felt absolute confidence the entire time, all the way to the edge of the tire...never felt a slip or slide in corners...they stick incredibly well...very quick heatup time...i think i'm in love...not sure about tread life yet but i have heard good things...we'll see...

enjoy...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, stayed stock...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good write up. I had 3 sets of M1s and love them. My next set will be M3s after I get rid of the Corsas that came with the bike.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Interesting. I'm guessing that the slower turn in then is due to the newer tire having a slightly taller profile than the old ones. Good to know that it seems to be a decent tire tho, expands the options when it comes time for new shoes on my bike :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.