Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....i moved to LA mid december and i still cant get my car over here for a good price...i have a guy that wants 650 but hes dickin around taking too long and i cant wait for his ass....

well...i was asked if i wanted to appear on some Spanish Judge Judy type shit in Miami (caso cerrado).....id get paid 140 for three days, round trip flight paid, and 3 days hotel paid and meals paid.

They said we'd fly out this wed., film on thursday and friday we can dick around or just stay the weekend and come back sunday.......thing is i gotta be back for my first day of work on the 27th hehehe .....its a temp. job but a job ...the US census bureau

google says its about 2775 miles........what do u guys think? is it do-able if i take off friday morning? .....and maybe some tips for this kinda trip...

:D

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
You are planning on riding your Ninja 250 2,775 miles in three day?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Oh, never mind, saw that it was by car in the title. Yes, that's quite possible. Not fun, you are going to spend pretty much every waking moment on the road, but it is possible.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i did 2500 miles in three days. longest day was 16 hrs, 1100 miles. so yeah, it's a journey but completely possible.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ima try to get there as soon as i can without being a hazard to myself or others hahaaha....would red bulls be a big no no for this kind of trip?

n the 250 is already in LA i got it over here for $250 hahaha...it took a month but it happened...its my daily driver right now and my girlfriend is pissed about it hahaha...her mom doesnt like her riding on it at all and i dont wanna spend money on a helmet for her that she wont ever use...might as well put it toward gas money for this trip

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
its my daily driver right now and my girlfriend is pissed about it hahaha...her mom doesnt like her riding on it at all and i dont wanna spend money on a helmet for her that she wont ever use...might as well put it toward gas money for this trip
Uh... wow. She better be wearing your helmet when you ride then.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uh... wow. She better be wearing your helmet when you ride then.
hahaha both ppl have to use a helmet here in cali....not in miami but id still make her use a helmet there too....the thing is her mom just doesnt want her on motorcycles period....gear or no gear......thats why i need my damn car hahaha

·
28,939 Posts
i drove from florida to pa solo, nonstop (piss/food/fuel only)1100 miles or so, sucked. Id hate to think of doing 2, or even worse 3, of those days back to back.

shortly after, i spent about a year driving truck over-the-road, also sucked.

careful with redbull and energy drinks, make ya piss a lot and you'll eventually crash hard from em.

so, i wouldnt do it unless i absolutely had to.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah piss/food/fuel is basically the plan....maybe if i get tired pull over n knock out for a few hours.....im thinking of stopping at a motel along the way at night....im thinking of trying to hit about 900 miles the first day n seeing how that is.....if i think i can do it again the next ill do it again n the next two days ill do 500 each

well if i get redbull ima get some gatorade n water too hehehe....

im not lookin forward to this...hahaha

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So why are you on this Judge Judy-type show????
cuz my gf is into modeling ....and the gay guy that organizes all of the events called me and asked me if i wanted to be on that show....at first i said fk that....but then i got to thinking and decided since they were paying to get my ass over there and kickin me down with some money....ill just skip the flight back n take my car.....

as long as im not "getting sued" for "cheating on my gay lover" ill roll with it hahaha

its a bullshit show so i guess they just need ppl

·
Registered
476 Posts
when driving all day you wont need many calories since you are just sitting there. i didnt eat much over those 3 days (and hence, didnt have to shit very often), just a decent breakfast, some snacks along the way at gas stations, and a small dinner (or nothing) when i pulled into a motel for a couple hours of sleep overnight. staying hydrated is important but dont overdo it or you'll be pulling over every hour to piss. i drank a Monster/Rockstar 16oz or 2 along with some water every day.

edit: this was spokane wa, to philly, via rt. 80. the 1100 mile day was from sturgis sd to east of chicago. long day. and this was solo in my jetta with my entire life packed in it!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
You're going to be bored as shit. I drove 300 miles and thought I was going to go insane after 200. I've always been an irritable child growing up so it may not be so bad for you.

I also had a moment where I needed to piss, so I waited until I needed to get gas. I got gas but didn't have the desire to piss anymore and totally forgot about it. 100 miles in, I REALLY had to piss but didn't feel like stopping again, so I took out an empty soda bottle and tried very hard to piss in that. It was really hard because I pretty much had to force my dick into the soda bottle with 1 hand. If I didn't get the tip of my dick in, the piss would spray all over me. Luckily my penis is very small, so I managed.

Reactions: hoser

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I think it would suck hard. I would do it over two weeks and see the country a bit...

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
i would like to do something like this, no schedule, no route... would be much more enjoyable than a nonstop interstate drone.
yep, just a nice car and some good weather. I would document it also.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
good tips guys.....

i was thinkn of eatin light to....maybe subway sandwiches along the way...
i need to burn some cds cuz i dont have an mp3 player in the car.....

its a miata n ima be traveling light.....so if the weathers good ill go top down for a while to make that wind keep my ass awake hahaha

id love to draw out the trip longer and maybe bring my gf along too...but shes got school....ive gotta go to work......n this just came up all of a sudden......ima save a few hundred gettin my car over....but my ass is gonna be mad at me for a while hahaha

if i see anything good along the way ill make sure to take pics hahahaha...but i think ima be seeing a whole lot of freeway

1 - 20 of 31 Posts