Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well he isnt but i thought this would get some peoples attention..

On the behalf of being a Ducati Supporter and thinking the AMA is the biggest Bullshit race organization on the planet...

It would be sweet to be see Ducati roll in some desmo-desci's set up for AMA superbike and beat down the competition..
Being what is the requirement? 300 bikes produced? and they made 400 worldwide, so hell mod one of them bad boys up and let her rip...
Sure the AMA would come up with some BS about you cant use it because blah blah blah..
who cares if it costs $65,000 up front...

Seriously though if someone did want to race one in AMA superbike could they refuse it? its a prodcution bike and meets the requirements right? Anyone Anyone?

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I have a feeling that GreenEnvy will have something to say on this.....

--David

·
Registered
639 Posts
I was think they will roll that bike out next year in WSBK. I think that just for the fact that alot of the design in the Ducati's that are made for the public are designed mainly to benifit in WSBK championship. So im thinking Ducati wanted to make this because of WSBK... Look at the R1 LE it was made to mainly compete in the AMA superstock right out of the box thats why they bumped up the production numbers so it was legal.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
The desmosedici would definately destroy the competition. Does anyone know if the AMA regulates cylinder configurations? If they have separate rules for I4 and V-twin modifications, I'm thinking they definately wouldn't have separate rules for V-4's, and if they don't have the regulations for you, you probably can't race. AMA's such bullshit. Sadly, I think the only action the Desmosedici will see is in World Superstock, running next to the MV Agusta F4's. And of course, that means that us in the US with Nascar TV will never get to see it. *sigh*

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
^^ True. Sad, but true.

--David

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Actually, anyone know if there's anything like motogp.com for World SBK/SS/Superstock? MotoGP.com has full-race video archived for every class and every race for the last like six years, at least ten to twenty interview and special clips per race for the current season, and streams live video feed from every race, qualifying, and even Premier class free practice and race day warm up sessions, and has highlight footage from every race all the way back to like 1992 or something ridiculous like that. If there was something like that for the FIA motorcycle racing classes...mmmmmmm...anyone?

edit...nevermind...worldsbk.com ... who would have thought. lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
Actually, anyone know if there's anything like motogp.com for World SBK/SS/Superstock? MotoGP.com has full-race video archived for every class and every race for the last like six years, at least ten to twenty interview and special clips per race for the current season, and streams live video feed from every race, qualifying, and even Premier class free practice and race day warm up sessions, and has highlight footage from every race all the way back to like 1992 or something ridiculous like that. If there was something like that for the FIA motorcycle racing classes...mmmmmmm...anyone?

edit...nevermind...worldsbk.com ... who would have thought. lol
Yeah, I already have a subscription to MotoGP.com and I'll probably sign up for WorldSBK.com also next season. NASCAR (Speed) Channel isn't worth it anymore. Even if they do show the races they tend to cut to commercial at the worst times.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hate to break this to you guys, but Ducati is campaigning for a 1200cc V-twin for SBK next year. They are actually gonna produce it the 1200cc and do a 1000cc limited production version for racing if SBK doesn't change the rules for twins. We will definitely a successor the 999R and it will be a 1200cc beast. Ducati wants to be loyal to the V-twin that made them famous, so they don't want to make a V4. For that matter any of the other manufacurers could release limited production versions of their GP bikes because they all have to have 800cc engines anyway. I don't see why Honda didn't make a V5 version for the street, it would sell like mad! Even if it was detuned to say 180hp, and just drop the CBR100RR. Whatever. It would be cool if see a 800cc bikes for the street based on trickle down GP tech. Not likely, but it would be cool.

Craig

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
Originally posted by neattoes3000
I hate to break this to you guys, but Ducati is campaigning for a 1200cc V-twin for SBK next year. They are actually gonna produce it the 1200cc and do a 1000cc limited production version for racing if SBK doesn't change the rules for twins. We will definitely a successor the 999R and it will be a 1200cc beast. Ducati wants to be loyal to the V-twin that made them famous, so they don't want to make a V4. For that matter any of the other manufacurers could release limited production versions of their GP bikes because they all have to have 800cc engines anyway. I don't see why Honda didn't make a V5 version for the street, it would sell like mad! Even if it was detuned to say 180hp, and just drop the CBR100RR. Whatever. It would be cool if see a 800cc bikes for the street based on trickle down GP tech. Not likely, but it would be cool.

Craig
Um...well Duc DID make a V4. It's in the production Desmosedici. It's already produced, man, it sold out months ago, and I've put my grubby paws all over one in the flesh at Laguna Seca. That's why we're saying they might race it in WSST next year.

As for the 1200cc bike, that rumor's been around for months, but the only people treating it as fact are the motorcycle tabloids like Raptors and Rockets. Ducati hasn't said shit to anyone yet, afaik, other than that they're "considering" a move to a 1200cc flagship design.

And any MotoGP bike can have a production variant at any time, There's no rules against it. It's just not very cost effective. Ducati can do it because of the market they already have cornered (people who can afford a GP production variant). Most guys going out and buying Japaneese 4's can't even afford a wet dream about a Desmosedici RR. hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.