Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can have a Dunlop on one tire and a Michelin on the other. It's not like they are going to fight with each other or anything. Whether Michelin is better or not, who knows? Some Dunlop tires are better than Michelin's, while some Michelin tires are better than Dunlop's. It really comes down to personal preference because it can only get so comparable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need a new front tire the problem is that I bought a rear Dunlop Race replica tire for my zx6r 01 Dunlop racereplica's dont make a 120/60 nor a 102/65. They only make a 120/70. I did a post 4 days ago asking if the 120/70 will fit my bike they told me it would not. So what should I do now Can I mix a Dunlop tire with a Michelin Race replica wich they have in a size 120/60, or should I get the same D208zr fornt tire from dunlop? One more question a herd from some riders that the Michelin tire are better than Dunlop tires. I mean Valentino Rossi rides with Michelin tires. There are more Michelin riders than dunlop right? So what do you guys think?[}:)]

BANG

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Reaverfc,

You have been misinformed. A 120/70 tire will fit your bike.

The Michelins you can buy are quite different than those Valentino is running. At this side of MotoGP, tires from either manufacturer are a good choice. Most AMA Supersport machines, which more closely resemble your bike, are Dunlop-shod.

To help choose a track tire, check out this article.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.