Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a set of Mich. P.P. and have a vibration in front at med. speed 60 to 90 and a bad vibration at 100+ I had the tires re-balanced checked the rear, the chain etc. I was told mich P.P. can do that. not for me I will try Bridgestone BT014 new BT002, I love Mezlr tires M-1 the new M-3 or RennTech, Pirrelli D.C. 3,s or Dunlop But no Michy Frenchy Tires for me.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've never had this problem with Pilot Powers and have run 2 sets on my old bike. I also know numerous people that run Pilot Powers and have no complaints on them at all. Why didn't you just have the front replaced with another one to see if the vibration went away? Maybe just luck of the draw and you got a bad front?

·
Registered
170 Posts
120 60 or 120 70 you might need to yank up your fork tubes to compensate for the taller tire....more thank likely thats the problem check and see what tire you got shipped not what you ordered...
Jason

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Never heard of anyone reporting that before...
Would suck as if i have the same problem as i just boguht to new sets for my bikes at cycle gear $226 a set..
But as much as i hate the french i love michelin tires
guess i am a (fuckin hypocrit)

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have PP's and know many people who use PP's on the track. Nobody I know had a problem. Re-balance your tires, or as others suggested adjust your front height.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Make sure you measure your forks before you change....If you went from a 120 60 to 120 70 which is what I have on my bike you'll need to move them up about 8mm to compensate.....but its a great ride after!!! I love my 70 on the front it dips in so much easier
Jason

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had stock BT012 which are 120/65, you think it would make that much difference? I do like the 120/70 better. I could tell it didn't feel like I was fall off a cliff(smoother). If this doesn't work, I'll just buy another front tire Mich.P.P. I can't get two bad tires in a row. I am trying to get ready for Joilet,IL 1st of Sept. Then Putnum,IN. 2nd weekend Sept.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That is funny cause I have had mine rebalanced twice and I still have the exact same issue. It has nothing to do with the ehight of the tire or the forks though. I prefer a 70 series tire over the little 65 or 60 (not sure which one). I thought maybe it was just me that was having that or that it was in my head.

·
Registered
170 Posts
my issue was with dunlop 120 70 the height was the issue at about 90 you get major headshake raise em up and see what happens I love mine....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I love the tires, I'm no track superstar but they seem to grip great, and they have lasted me over 8k miles and I still have them on although the center treads are probably 1mm or less. They're getting replaced real soon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
maybe you just got a blem of a tire. I ran accross a dunlop front like that a few years back never before and never after.... just a thought...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Originally posted by rockstar84
...have lasted me over 8k miles and I still have them on although the center treads are probably 1mm or less. They're getting replaced real soon.
WOW 8k is a lot of miles. mine are approaching 3500 and need replaced soon.

Marko, That is a nice 636, I would buy your bike in a minute. (if you were selling and I had the money)

·
Registered
334 Posts
That sux youre having this issue I got a set on my bike and I can honestly say they are the best tires I have ever riden on. hope you get the problem figured out.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the info and concerne but it is the front tire. I went to Indysuperbike today and talked to them, They are great. He said the front is cuped, Why? it could have set to long somewhere but I also had it setting in my garage for awhile. So I can ride it and hope it goes away or buy a new front tire. I will ride this week-end then buy a new front. I hope I will like the Pilot Powers in the future. Here,s some pics for fun. later. Man I love the ZX-636

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
As always Marko it is a pleasure to see your bike....It looks damn nice!!!!

i will do my new bodywork in green thanks for helping me make up my mind, also some black maybe....SO many choices
How about some side shots?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.