Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mounted the polished alum. race can from Micron --- sounds awesome at idle and when the throttle is cranked - throaty and not too high pitched!!

Wondering if this is normal or if it's a sign that some rejetting is necessary.....

at light throttle and low RPMs it produces a bubbling grumble then rips at full throttle and when I decelerate it kinda pops (not loudly) ....

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a Micron bolt-on on my '01. It's a real sweet sound, huh? Anyway, I thought the same thing because of the pops on decel, but the shop I take her to said no rejetting was necessary. How is your power delivery (mine is very linear and smooth)? Do you feel any low or flat spots (I don't)? If not, you're probably OK.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power delivery is strong right through .... it just seems that there out to be some sort of tweaking to the fuel mixture by the sounds of it

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Hi,

I am thinking about changing my stock can also. Any suggestions? Do I need to change all of the manifold, or it's the can only? '01 zx6r btw.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not sure if it varies among pipe manufacturers, but I don't think so... the '01 only has three bolts from the can to the pipe. You can buy a new pipe and bolt it on in seconds. If you choose to replace the headers and pipe, then there is more work to be done. But with a slip-on (or bolt-on, for the '01) you just "plug and play". Just be sure to get a tight seal with no air leaks. I used a high-temp gasket sealer (pick it up at Pepboys or NAPA Auto) with no leaks.

Snotrocket -- A slip-on can hardly does anything for power (ie: fuel combustion / consumption) so your air/fuel ratios shouldn't have to be tweaked. But to each his own... On another note, you don't have any air leaks around the gasket, do you (read above)??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.