Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have one and i like it. i have only been riding for a few months so i dont have much to compare it to but it sounds good and you can get different color cans to match your bike.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Swoodcock2,

I have installed many Microns and they are the top of the line, as far s I'm concerned. Sometimes, my customers will insist on a Muzzy, Yosh, or some other pipe, and often I get into a serious 'fit' problem. Some headers fit so badly, that you'd think they were made for a different bike. Also the design of the Micron is fundamentally superior to most. For example, most headers just rivets to secure the end caps to the canister wrap. Micron uses a removable end cap to greatly simplify re-packing. The others require drilling out the stainless steel rivets and re-riveting when done. Even the packing is far superior as it's extremely dense and seems to last forever. Performance is also top notch. As with any quality header, you'll pay a little more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yo...I have a full Micron system installed on my '02 zx6r for about the last 2k miles. My personal opinion on this can is that it's awesome. It sounds throaty and throttle response is good. I also have a stage 1 jet kit and K&N air filter. However, I am thinking about replacing the K&N filter with the factory filter. I'm having a flat spot in the 7k rpm range. Anyone with this problem???
If you like you can check out my bike at: http://www.xs4all.nl/~chinchey/index2.html

It's the one with the polished frame and Micron system....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice bike!... Thanks for the reply... I am going to get the blue faded to silver pipe for my 01 zx6r.

CANDY LIGHTNING BLUE BABY

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ordered a scortched titanium oval micron and jet kit 5 days ago. They are in and I am going to pick them up today!!!! I can't wait.

If it ain't broke don't touch it.......yeah right!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yup, if I get an aftermarket, it will be a Micron...

some nice fit and finish and they sound excellent....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
298 Posts
How does the micron sound? I've heard from a few people that it is actually really loud and can be obnoxious. But I've also heard that it just sounds damn good. What are you guy's opinions? And, where is the cheapest place that carries them?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just installed a Micron race blue to silver fade on my employees bike. Fit and finish is flawless. The blue is more like a purple/ blue. It sounds pretty good to me. I might have ordered one if I didn't already have an order on a Hindle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.