Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures of both exhausts the twin outlet triangle can and the race oval? What about sound levels. The oval louder than the twin outlet?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have an 04 with a high mount, thats a oval outlet i wouldnt say its "loud" in low RPMS but in high RPM it sounds damn good. good investment though;)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
You don't want the twin outlet because it has stock fender mounts welded to the bottom of it and it looks like crap because of it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is mine with the short race can made from titainium and it is loud, dam loud. The video was done when I first fitted it 13 months ago and since then I have done a few more mods. One of which was removing the catalytic converter. Even louder now up top and runs cooler.

[attached]

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
AUS636

The bike sounds good. I have a micron race can on my 05zx6rr and I love the sound. It sounds like a mini F1 car at full noise. Did your pipe come w/ micron stickers on side of can or did you put them on. My pipe only has a small M badge on the end of the can.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I was considering getting a Micron because they're quite a bit cheaper in many cases from most of the other exhausts, and they seem to be good quality from what I've seen on other bikes.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
ZeRo_C0oL - Today : 4:21 PM

I was considering getting a Micron because they're quite a bit cheaper in many cases from most of the other exhausts, and they seem to be good quality from what I've seen on other bikes.

My micron Titanium can weighs next to nothing and fit was great. The dealer that I bought my bike at had an Akrapovic slip on for my bike but, it was almost as heavy as the stock exhaust. I posted a video of my bike drag racing. You can hear the pipe well as I do a bye run

·
Registered
414 Posts
The best thing about Micron's is no rivets on the end caps. You will never tear the sleeves at the rivet holes like other cans.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by tdahle
You don't want the twin outlet because it has stock fender mounts welded to the bottom of it and it looks like crap because of it.
I'm actually glad to learn that, because I want to keep my bungee hooks (ugly as they may be.)

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm grabbing a micron exhaust next year, I heard one on an ebony 636 and I was damn impressed by it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here is a quick shot of mine. This is when the bike only had about 80 miles on the clock. I made quick decisions on what direction to go with mods. The bike looks a little different now overal, but I do still have the Micron Twin outlet under the tail. Everyone I ride with says it sounds really good.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by AUS636
This is mine with the short race can made from titainium and it is loud, dam loud. The video was done when I first fitted it 13 months ago and since then I have done a few more mods. One of which was removing the catalytic converter. Even louder now up top and runs cooler.
hey AUS636, what came with the shorty system? I really really want the 240mm Ti version. does it come with servo fix and license plate mount etc etc?

·
Registered
182 Posts
The micron comes with the Fi fix and the bracket that holds the rear fender. The sticker on the side of the can came as standard. I wieghed the can and it was about 700grams or 1.5lbs. The micron race Ti cans are pop rivited.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.