Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Mid-Ohio on Saturday and they had a horsepower shootout going on. On Sat around 2pm the current 600cc king was a ZX6R 636 making 115.9 RWHP! I have no idea what the type of dyno was that was used but it was a small one that was trailered by a pickup. Dynojet also had there dyno truck there as well but that is not the one that was used. I didn't have a chance to ask what was all done to the bike so maybe another board member that was there saw this as well and asked. I assume if a stock one can put 107-110 HP to the ground, one with a full exhaust, remapped and tuned could easily make 115.9 rwhp.

By the way the top dog of the shootout as of Sat at 2pm was a ZX12 making 179.1 rwhp.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah man I saw those numbers too! [:0] However I didn't get to see the bike. Must of been one of those blue ones [8D]

What were you riding man?

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I was there when they dyno'd that one
It was a silver 636 with a Micron, looked like a slipon.
The Dyno is a Dynojet 150 according to Boy Racers printout, his 02 got 107.7HP, with a hindle full system.

cyclops, were you camped out at the track? I was in the camping area, we had my green 6R, my buddies yellow 6R, and a big red truck. All our lawn chairs had Canadian flags/logo's on them.
We were right across from the "beer for tits" truck, hehe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmmmm 115.9 was the top for a 636? With a yoshi RS 3 full system , pc3, K/N, and minor valve work i hit 116 on a 150 and this is with my RR.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cannot believe you were in that mess where the "beer for tits" truck was. LOL. That place was crazy. I was talking to one of the cops there and he said they were going to shut that down at 10pm. I wonder how that went cause I had to drive home 3 hrs at that point. I was watching the pit bike races over by where our friend was camped and that got crazy especially when a guy broke out a Polito 2 stroke that smoked all the other bikes. They were crashing into this dudes camper. Nuts. And how about the Feebetts? The girls in the red truck with the orange shirts on flashing and making out with each other.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Yea the feebettes started off just teasing us, but after a few beers their tops had trouble staying on :)
We were walking around with out minikeg (BUBBA) of Molson Canadian, apparently you guys dont get those in the US, so the girls flipped over them, they are 5 Litres, so well over a gallon.

jconrad, that 115HP was the highest for any 600 all weekend, judging by some of the bikes in the campsite, I think their were higher HP 600's there, but they did not get dyno'd'

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the one blonde did her thing over at the pit bike races. I am sure her parents are proud. LOL. Right after that an unmarked sherriff's car pulled up and hit the lights. No more feebetts and no more pit bike races....what a fun night.

·
Registered
262 Posts
After reading about those numbers I wonder if they are ~5hp. too high? I've had mine on 3 different dynos stock including Schnitz Racing dyno and all were within 1hp. of each other on different days too ~94-96hp. Had Ryan do some work with my full Muzzy and it got 99-100hp. different days on my 01. He even said whenever he dynoed his race bikes it didn't really matter on the weather or temperature as much as it should be close each in hp each run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.