Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys,

Just wanted to know whom all went this year?

Seen alot of new 636s but didn't see to many faces.

Got to meet Canadian Ninja and BoyRacer? again this year.
Seen some (.)(.)[:p]

Kaw had a very weak showing this year :(

Had a good time partying and was about to knock the FUC*! [B)] out of some loud mouth telling me how Kawi can [:X] his nuts. But I had too much beer in me [xx(] But I told him to get his bike and bring it on [}:)]

Later guys.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Was a good weekend, got to meet spuk0 again, and ran into some other people I knew too.
The racing was sorta sad without Eboz, he only did a couple practice laps and went home, he was running outside the top 15.

There is now a rumour he might be done for the season, that he's getting surgery done.

The camping and ( . Y . ) was great, should have some pics in the babes section in a few days.

Boy Racer dyno'd his 02 6R at 107.7HP on a Dynojet 150 I believe, I'll post the printout when he gives it to me to scan in. Only performance mods are a Hindle full system, and I have loaned him my K&N filter, which believe it or not made a big difference, he was running quite rich, flames shooting out when he let off the gas etc.. but now its running much better. The extra airflow must have leaned it out a bit.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
he doesnt have his engine re-jetted with a full system? no wonder it was flaming.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
didnt you guys trailer up there?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
nah, ohio is like from houston to dallas. but i bet it aint as pretty.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
we put our bikes in the back of my truck.
He did have his jetted when he put the exhaust on, but it was below freezing at the time, back in winter. He needs to get it redone.

The drive was about 300 miles, 5-6 hour drive.
I think next year I'll head to the new track in Alabama if MotoGP goes there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was there! Definite good time. Lots of T/A. I seen your bike spuk0, my buds and I were commenting on how good it looked when you rodwe by our campsite.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
dallas to houston takes 4 hours going the speed limit, with a pit stop. its like 360 mile i think. if you ride your bike i bet it can be done in 3 hours.

i wouldnt want to ride that long unless i have a corbin seat though.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Just remembered to things that irked me there..
#1) One the guys across from us had a black 636, it was COVERED in stickers, "Kawasaki" was on the left side of the bike alone 5 times, plus another 15 misc stickers.. If this is someone on this boards bike, I apologize, but I think it looked horrible.

#2) In the paddock there was someone with a green 6RR who got the solo cowel signed by Eboz, T.Hayden, and Meiring. The sad thing was he had a "636" logo on the fairing. We new it was a 6RR because of the swingarm pivot, but he stuck the 636 sticker on it, I guess to impress people or something. Unless the guy actually did a motor swap, that is lame. I busted a guy last year with an 02 and a 636 logo, when I confronted him on it, he said he had the bike imported right from Europe. I pointed out to him if he wants to trick people into thinking it is a 636, removing the "Assembled in Canada" and other north american markings off it would be a good start...

Other then that, most of the Kawi's looked great.
There was even 1 guy with an R1 or R6 painted Kawi green, guess he wished he had bought a Kawi so bad he repainted it to look like one.. hehe

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I really wish I could have made it down this year. I just couldn't pass up the money by not working over the weekend. It was a very profitable weekend. I guess I will just have to wait until next year. My two riding buddies rode down, though. One had a '02 F4i and the other had a '03 Gixxer 600. They said that they were the only ones down there with stock exhausts! lol Well, I couldn't laugh too hard because they did just recently get their bikes and they do have their aftermarket pipes ordered and everything. They should be here either this week or next. The guy with the F4i is getting a Jardine with the race baffle, and the guy with the Gixxer is getting a ART. Both are slip-ons.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
And about the slip-ons... Can anyone give me any info about them? I am not all too familiar with either the Jardine or the ART and I want to give my buddies a little heads-up before they put them on their bikes. How loud (or quiet) are they?... Do they yield any performance increases? Any info would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Spuko, I saw your bike down there.... It looks great... I was there for all 3 days. I got to hang with EBOZ on Friday after his practice run. He was very sore. He hooked me up with his Kawasaki Road Racing Hat. Very cool indeed.... I also spent Saturday morning with Bob and Bobbie Meiring (Tony's parents). They were very cool to hang out with... I was very curious as to what Tony's senior year of High School was like being a factory rider.... One interesting fact is that he does not hold a Motorcycle operator's license in California. The state law requires that a rider be 21 years old. Can you imagine, getting paid to ride because of your talents and then having to wait 2 more years to be allowed to ride on the road....

GH

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
not a member[V]
/forum/uploads/arturo3rd/cantseeshiitrayredx.jpg

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Green Hornet

Spuko, I saw your bike down there.... It looks great... I was there for all 3 days. I got to hang with EBOZ on Friday after his practice run. He was very sore. He hooked me up with his Kawasaki Road Racing Hat. Very cool indeed.... I also spent Saturday morning with Bob and Bobbie Meiring (Tony's parents). They were very cool to hang out with... I was very curious as to what Tony's senior year of High School was like being a factory rider.... One interesting fact is that he does not hold a Motorcycle operator's license in California. The state law requires that a rider be 21 years old. Can you imagine, getting paid to ride because of your talents and then having to wait 2 more years to be allowed to ride on the road....

GH
I didn't know that about him or the laws in California![:0]
LOL what if he failed the cone weave test?

I know Ben Spies of Suzuki is only ~19 years old himself and will be one of the best IMO. I forget how young N.Hayden was but come to think of it there are alot of young guys in AMA. Wished he stayed in AMA instead this year.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze

I really wish I could have made it down this year. I just couldn't pass up the money by not working over the weekend. It was a very profitable weekend. I guess I will just have to wait until next year. My two riding buddies rode down, though. One had a '02 F4i and the other had a '03 Gixxer 600. They said that they were the only ones down there with stock exhausts! lol Well, I couldn't laugh too hard because they did just recently get their bikes and they do have their aftermarket pipes ordered and everything. They should be here either this week or next. The guy with the F4i is getting a Jardine with the race baffle, and the guy with the Gixxer is getting a ART. Both are slip-ons.
I know a guy who had Jardine slip ons for his VTR. It was LOUD. But I think any aftermarket pipe on a VTR must be loud. He had the carbon fibre ones, and I don't think they help up all that well. He replaced them after 1 season. They did sound good though. Hard to say what power it added since he did a bunch of other stuff too, but it's safe to say it didn't hurt it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.