Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out to beaver run race track yesterday (6-25). I was so impressed with the Motoseries control riders and teachers I felt i should give them some shout out by adding in a few points.

for beginners:
the control riders are all very impressive and responsive. They are not over bearing but keep things in order.

they keep the groups updated by speed per session. which is ideal, i mean it is literally the most important part of beginner sessions. No one wants to get slowed up by one or two in a group, it gets frustrating.

they will bend some no passing rules after lunch and also throw in some leap frogging. The leap frogging puts you in front of your control rider and forces you to learn to your own braking and turn in points.

The classroom after each session was perfect for any beginner without being verbose. he went over every aspect of hard riding. lol it was like a living keith code book. I watched one kid improve from a bit timid and slow, but talented to riding my ass in turns 1-3 like he was mad veteran. i still think he improved so much that in turns 1-3 even the control riders had issues tailing him there. the kid left the day with excellent form. The last session of the day which was an open session with the restriction of only passing in straights, the kid was lapping people. I give credit to Motosports for this, and a bit of balls and some talent on the kids part.

intermediate/open
It is completely up to your discretion on almost anything in these sessions. there were however no accidents. what i did notice is (and have video if anyone wants to see it) that alot of the intermediates should have been in beginner sessions.

I did beginners session with some friends yesterday which ended up being ideal, as the intermediate group was very very crowded. we had two insanely fast beginner groups and the control riders open up unfettered passing which the intermediates did not have. This opened up alot of track for us as the slow groups pretty much pulled to the side and let us pass when ever needed.

If you live in western PA or anywhere in ohio and are looking to learn these guys will help you by leaps and bounds. They mostly run on the track Nelson Ledges in Eastern Ohio, however they do roll into PA twice a year to Beaver Run.

if anyone wants some video feed of the intermediate/open group let me know i have a few. One of the videos is a friend on my bike as he wanted to try out an i4 on the track in the open group. I did no videos of myself as i was digging in to learn as much as possible and didnt want the distraction of cameras all over the bike.

If someone knows a way to cure someone of braking to late/charging turns i would appreciate the knowledge, it seems to be my only out standing issue. I fail on wide open straight away to tight turn sections.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was running in open / intermediate there as well. First time on the track and it was great for sure. The Motoseries guys are top notch. All are good guys. Post up some videos!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw your guys setup when i was at the Bridgestone vendor getting some new rubber. Looks like you guys had a good time. The guys in the first video looked familiar. Rider was doing alot of passing too in the crowded open group. I never saw me or my buddy in the video...must have been running about the same pace. Ride safe guys. Hope to see you out there again soon. Nelson is coming up!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We will be heading up to Nelson on the 15th. If you are going let me know we can do some grilling. the guy on my zx6r is the same guy that was running on that SV650.

i have another friend with his trackday first for nelsons so if open is crowded again i will be doing beginners again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am trying to make there on the 15th! Grilling sounds great. Are you camping? If so what night? I was going to try for the Monday trackday because you usually get an empty track...but I don't think it will work out with my work schedule this time around. I will let you know for sure if i am going to make it. This hobby is bankrupting me lol.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am most likely going to camp out and hit the 4-dark session for $65, then ride my ass off saturday.

Dont know exact details yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am hoping to do the same but I don't know if I am going to get out of work early enough to make it by 4p. I plan to camp Friday night though. Don't like having to get up so early in the morning to get there...I will post up when things start to get more clear.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We will be there Friday night for the camp out. two of us will be doing friday night sessions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds good. I will be there Friday night after work (no riding for me though on Friday, won't get there in time to make it worth the cost). Hopefully the rain holds off, weather is looking ominous...but any day on the bike is a good day.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We wont arrive until later tonight. Stop by if you see us tomorrow. I am a short almost midget like fella. i look like this minus the photoshopped eyes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts