Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just noticed that the middle of my rear tire is wearing more than the edges. Guess I need to lean it a bit more but my scratch is only about 1/2" from the end of the tire. I think I'm leaning it enough. Anyways, what do I need to do to conserve the middle more and use more of the edges, air up or down the tire? Right now I'm running about 32psi cold.

thanks!

Ed:D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
If you want to spare the middle from wearing out too fast, don't worry about tire pressure. Get that bike on some twisties and wear those edges out.

P.S. Your chicken strips are "only" 1/2 inch? That's a lot of tire you're not using.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright... when it stops raining I'll hit those country roads. [:p]

harsh crowd today... geez. [V]

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
since we do street driving, i woulnt worry about it. leaning too much on the streets shows the rider doesnt know the diffrence between track and street riding. keep the knee dragging and hanging off the bike in a more controled enviroment(track or empty country twisty roads)

get a new tire ed;)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I didn't mean to sound like a ........what's the word? ASSHOLE.
I was just trying to point out that the middle of the tire wears out when you ride on it all the time without hitting any twisites. I try to avoid the highway all the time because I don't want the middle to wear out first.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh its ok... i want to hit a few country roads anyways.. ;)

also... guess doing some burn outs on Friday night doesn't help... :D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
im the same way, the middle wears out more. at least the houston members are trying to wear out the sides together but the damn rain keeps canceling our riding. every onece in a while i lean alot when street driving[:p][8D]:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
tommyv, where do you go to school in kentucky? i have some friends in cumberland(sp?) college

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by arturo3rd
tommyv, where do you go to school in kentucky? i have some friends in cumberland(sp?) college
I'm pretty far from Cumberland. I go to Northern Kentucky University. Cumberland is about as far south in KY as you can get.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, they drive to tennesse for liquor since its a dry county. sucks for them, lol:D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey Mo: it doesn't matter what kind of rider you are. If you live in the Houston area, it's inevitable that you are going to have center wear. I know that alot of members here can't comprehend this, but it is what it is...I have the same thing. Hell, I get excited when I go through an intersection and hang off the bike...;)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I live in Texas, too, and my tire centers wear out first. There just ain't that many curvy road were we live. You will get better tire wear with higher tire pressure. I run 35/39 but the tire maker will generally specify a street and a track pressure.

·
Registered
471 Posts
32 psi in the rear is way too low. I run 34f 36r on the street. Most of my friends run 34f 34r & like that also. I've never had a problem with my bike sildiing & i ride very aggressively.
Go with Pilot sports on the new set, they have great wear characteristics.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.